Thread: Tunsil!

Tunsil!

This guy deserves a thread all his own!

Guy had an few weeks culminated in last night eventful night to be sure, and Ole Miss has to be concerned about the shit that's going to come raining down on them. I'd bet at least being banned from bowl games for a season or two, and some scholarships being yanked.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

A man named after the Capitol of Wyoming and some vestigial lymphatic tissue. Maybe he needs to go into the favorite player names thread.

Jeff PotrykusVerified account ‏@jaypo1961 3h3 hours ago
    Ole Miss' Hugh Freeze in '13: If you have proof we're cheating, share it. Ole Miss' Tunsil in 16: Yea, they paid me.

If there is any justice to be had in this whole story, it might be that coach might finally get roughed up for his hypocrisy.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

“If you have facts about a violation, send it to compliance@olemiss.edu,” Freeze posted on Twitter on Feb. 1, 2013. “If not, please do not slander these young men or insult their family.”

Just last month, Freeze doubled down in a conversation with CBS Sports' Dennis Dodd. “Come and see. Open invitation,” the coach said, offering anyone the opportunity to inquire into his program's practices. "The perception out there and the narrative of all this pay-for-play that is, in my opinion, very inaccurate," he added.
    http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...n-for-ole-miss

No, seriously, the scholarship these kids get should be enough. Look at its MSRP! And you can't prove how much assistance we provide on the side. Besides, there isn't enough money to pay them.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Joe Schad ‏@schadjoe 1h1 hour ago
    Ole Miss football support staffer Barney Farrar told me he has not given Laremy Tunsil money and that Tunsil did not ask him for any money.

Shocked that there is gambling occurring in this establishment.

Isn't the current coach at Ole Miss the coach that coached Michael Oher in HS and in college? Doesn't seem like such a clean deal with the Tuohy's anymore, does it? Anyway, he isn't a great player so it doesn't matter, but I just found that interesting.

This gets stranger and stranger:

Tunsil missed a planned news conference today as he was with the Dolphins medical staff due to "an allergic reaction"

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ergic-reaction

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    This gets stranger and stranger:

Tunsil missed a planned news conference today as he was with the Dolphins medical staff due to "an allergic reaction"

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ergic-reaction
    He may have developed an allergy to reporters.

I feel sorry for the guy. What might have been one of the greatest days of his life turned into a PR nightmare. I hope he's a good guy who made some mistakes and can move on from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    He may have developed an allergy to reporters.

I feel sorry for the guy. What might have been one of the greatest days of his life turned into a PR nightmare. I hope he's a good guy who made some mistakes and can move on from it.
    With all that has happened to him in the last 24 hours, he could have experienced a full blown panic attack before walking onto the stage to face another group of reporters. I hope he has a good agent, advisor who can help him move beyond this.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    With all that has happened to him in the last 24 hours, he could have experienced a full blown panic attack before walking onto the stage to face another group of reporters. I hope he has a good agent, advisor who can help him move beyond this.
    Except:

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/m...429-story.html

Laremy Tunsil, the Dolphins'controversial first-round pick from Mississippi, didn’t attend his initially scheduled 3:30 p.m. introductory press conference at the team’s practice facility Friday afternoon. The offensive tackle was with team medical staff being treated for an allergic reaction.

But about 90 minutes later, Tunsil -- dressed sharply in slacks, a matching vest and a white dress shirt -- was there, flanked by coach Adam Gase and Dolphins executive Mike Tannenbaum, and he was formally introduced.
    Jimmy Sexton is his agent. Sexton represents a lot of the Dolphins front office personnel.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    A man named after the Capitol of Wyoming and some vestigial lymphatic tissue. Maybe he needs to go into the favorite player names thread.
    Cheyenne?
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

This whole episode only tells me how incredibly corrupt the SEC conference is. I would not be surprised if just about EVERY top recruit down there is getting improper benefits of some kind.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Cheyenne?
    That's his name on Tinder. Or WoW.

One of the two.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Cheyenne?
    Oops!

For some reason, the NFL is not dumping him directly into the substance abuse program. Not for a lack of evidence!

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...-abuse-program

Report: NFL won't place Laremy Tunsil in substance abuse program
    By Sean Wagner-McGough | Staff Writer
    May 2, 2016 1:51 pm ET

Laremy Tunsil's nightmare at the 2016 NFL Draft -- you know, when his social media accounts were hacked and a video of Tunsil smoking out of a gas mask attached to a bong and photos of Tunsil asking a coach for money were posted -- is officially over.

It turns out he's through the worst of it. The effects of that night, which saw him drop all the way to the Dolphins at No. 13 in the draft order, won't linger into his NFL career. As ESPN reported on Monday, the league will not place Tunsil in the substance abuse program due to that video. ESPN added, though, that the NFL will "closely monitor and support Tunsil in the event intervention is needed."

As ESPN also pointed out, a clause in the CBA would've allowed the NFL to put Tunsil into the program:

"Behavior [including but not limited to an arrest or conduct related to an alleged misuse of substances of abuse occurring up to two football seasons prior to the player's applicable scouting combine] which, in the judgment of the medical director, exhibits physical, behavioral, or psychological signs or symptoms of misuse of substances of abuse."

That's the clause the NFL will reportedly not be using (the NFL declined ESPN's invitation to comment on the report). And, honestly, that's great news for Tunsil, who endured a draft day from hell, which should've gained him sympathy because nobody deserves to go through what transpired Thursday night. It took extraordinary (and awful) circumstances to cause a player, who not too long ago was the consensus No. 1 overall pick in the draft, to fall to No. 13. It really ended up being the perfect storm of awful events for the former Ole Miss left tackle.

Laremy Tunsil's nightmare is finally over. (USATSI)

It started just minutes before the first round of the NFL Draft began. That's when someone -- the identity is still unknown -- hacked Tunsil's Twitter account by posting the gas mask video.

As NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reported, Tunsil learned about the hacking while he was in the green room. So, on national television, Tunsil sat there ... and slid farther and farther down nearly every team's draft board.

The Chargers passed at No. 3. So did the Ravens at No. 6, opting for another offensive lineman, Ronnie Stanley instead. The 49ers' offensive line is miserable, but they said no thanks to Tunsil. The Titans took another offensive lineman at No. 8. The Bears, who could use an upgrade at left tackle, traded up to No. 9. They took Leonard Floyd instead.

Tunsil's tumble continued.

Finally, at No. 13, the Dolphins grabbed him, ending Tunsil's fall. But his nightmare continued.

As the draft progressed, Tunsil's Instagram was also hacked. Posted to that account were photos that showed Tunsil asking an Ole Miss coach for money to help his mother pay for electricity and water.

When Tunsil appeared on stage and in front of the press, reporters hit him with questions about the video and photos. Shockingly, Tunsil didn't question the authenticity of either. He owned up to both, saying the smoking video wasn't recent.

So, the story ends there, right? Well, not quite.

Tunsil was set to be introduced to the Miami media on Friday and he was -- eventually -- but first that press conference was delayed. Why? An allergy attack. Seriously.

"I do not have a drug problem," Tunsil eventually told the Miami media, per ESPN. "You can check all my college tests. I never failed one."

And that ends Tunsil's draft day tragedy (which only cost him a casual $8 million or so). Thankfully, he'll reportedly enter the NFL with a clean record and won't face other repercussions.

On the other hand, over at Ole Miss ...
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

It figures that at the one point where counseling might have an appreciable effect (large shock to his life) is the one place the Drug and Alcohol Policy will not go.