Thread: NFL Draft Day 3

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The more I think about Day 3, here are some of my thoughts:

1) Unless Jerell Adams falls or TT takes a flier on Tyler Higbee at some point, I think the Packers will pass on a TE. It's a weak draft class--which is probably the biggest reason why TT signed Jared Cook. I see the Packers going into training camp with Jared Cook as their stretch the field TE, Richard Rodgers as their red zone TE, and let Kennard Backman, Justin Perillo, and Mitchell Henry battle for one or two spots behind those guys.

2) I have a bunch of ILBs lumped together in the 4th-5th round range, so I could see TT grabbing one in the next two rounds--unless they think Fackrell can play ILB.

3) Unless there's big-time value (like Malcolm Mitchell dropping to the bottom of the 4th), I think the Packers stay put at WR.

4) I think the Packers will look to add another OL (OG), DL, and CB. If I had to predict the positions the Packers pick, I'd say ILB, OG, DL, CB.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

I've not felt TE was much of a need after they signed Cook. Some seemed concerned that Cook is on a one year deal, but I'm not any more concerned than I am that Lacy, Bakhtiari, Sitton, Lang and Tretter are also on one year deals. I might even be less concerned with Cook, because I think he will stay if things go well. He openly talked about being disappointed in his personal accomplishments so far in his career. I think he will stay for a decent offer, and won't shop himself as much as some might.

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    The more I think about Day 3, here are some of my thoughts:

3) Unless there's big-time value (like Malcolm Mitchell dropping to the bottom of the 4th), I think the Packers stay put at WR.
    Agree that TT is likely to stand pat on WR. Abby and Janis came on strong at the end of last year, and if he's comfortable with them I can see him not wanting to add bodies.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    Agree that TT is likely to stand pat on WR. Abby and Janis came on strong at the end of last year, and if he's comfortable with them I can see him not wanting to add bodies.
    It also appears that TT's happy at the RB position.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    It might be Matt Judon time. He killed it at his level. He could make Nick Perry expendable after this year.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    It also appears that TT's happy at the RB position.
    Why? Just because he didn't draft an RB?
    He has picked four players all at positions of apparent need. He can't draft two at once!

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Why? Just because he didn't draft an RB?
    He has picked four players all at positions of apparent need. He can't draft two at once!
    The operative word was ...........'appears'.

I was simply hoping he would pick at RB Patler.

There is still a few decent ones left on the board...next pick....maybe?

Howard, Jordan RB 6'0" 230 Indiana 6.1

Perkins, Paul RB 5'10" 208 UCLA 5.6

Collins, Alex RB 5'10" 217 Arkansas 5.5

Williams, Jonathan RB 5'11" 220 Arkansas 5.4

Pressley, Jhurell RB 5'10" 206 New Mexico 5.4

Ferguson, Josh RB 5'9" 198 Illinois 5.3

Taylor, Kelvin RB 5'10" 207 Florida 5.3

Johnson, Devon RB 6'0" 238 Marshall 5.3
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau