Thread: NFL Draft Day 3

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    Now your into a re-direct...I'm focusing on TT's 5th Rd. WR pick...OK.

TT made that WR pick with clearly > 3 dozen other WR's ranked higher than his guy.

Now unless you believe in one year miracles I doubt that TT's guy at WR suddenly exceeded the strengths of all of those other 3 dozen or so WR's.

TT blew that pick if he wanted help for the Packers. Other WR's were certainly more NFL ready and some as capable of a better ST effort than the skinflint he chose.

TT was likely enamoured with his speed....sold on that.

Straight line speed doesn't translate to football skill at the NFL level.

Suck it up pbmax...TT blew that pick to blazes.
    Pro scouts do not spend a ton of time on juniors because they do not know which are coming out early (except the the very best). So grades a year out are useless, moreso from the media experts. It takes an NFL team all season and the beginning of the offseason to finish scouting the seniors and juniors who declare. So your claim that someone who climbs a draft board be a one year wonder is kind of silly.

To claim that there were 3 dozen better is ludicrous and based on poor information if you judge by the NFL.com grades. Not even the draft experts here would make that claim.

You say Ted blew this pick. Alright, we'll keep track of those 3 dozen others and see who has a better career.
    Last edited by pbmax; 04-30-2016 at 04:47 PM.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.