Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
Dean Lowry is tied with Datone Jones for best athlete at DE that Thompson has taken.
Jason Spriggs is the most athletic OL that Thompson has taken.
Trevor Davis is the third most athletic WR that Thompson has taken behind Terrence Murphy and Jeff Janis.

Mind you, this is based on measurables at the combine, and I fully acknowledge that sometimes guys don't play as well as they time. I find it interesting nonetheless. The rest of the guys kind of fit Thompson's wheelhouse for athleticism. The two LBs are right in the middle of the players that Thompson has taken. Since Martinez is about the same in this draft class, there's nothing to read from that. Thompson usually goes for guys that are near the top athletically at OLB. Clark is right in the middle. Athletically, he's pretty similar to Raji (although Raji was much bigger) and Josh Boyd. Yet, Clark ranked near the top among this draft class for 3-4 NTs. Some of the other guys though projected more as 3-4 DEs but I have them listed as DTs. Murphy didn't test because of an injury. It's rare that Thompson takes somebody that wasn't able to test at all.
Nice analysis. Thanks Harv for everything you've posted. Big part of a good draft experience on Packerrats.