Thread: NFL Draft Day 3

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Finally ........he's off the board:

24(122) The Bengals Pick....Billings, Andrew NT 6'1" 311 Baylor 6.0

He lasted so long because he's likely a two down player.

Luke Schultheis ‏@LuckAtLuke ยท 1h1 hour ago

Mike Mayock says Andrew Billings slide has nothing to do with character or injury concerns just that he's predominantly a 2-down run stuffer
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 04-30-2016 at 12:30 PM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    Finally ........he's off the board:

24(122) The Bengals Pick....Billings, Andrew NT 6'1" 311 Baylor 6.0

He lasted so long because he's likely a two down player.
    Maybe injury or character concern that we don't know about?? The bengals took him. I'm guessing it's character.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell View Post
    Maybe injury or character concern that we don't know about?? The bengals took him. I'm guessing it's character.
    Mike Mayock says Andrew Billings slide has nothing to do with character or injury concerns just that he's predominantly a 2-down run stuffer
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Two down run stuffer is the same thing some scouts said of Kenny Clark.

Quote Originally Posted by esoxx View Post
    Two down run stuffer is the same thing some scouts said of Kenny Clark.
    Not really--since Clark had 6 sacks last year and many think he has more pass rush potential than other NTs in this draft.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    Not really--since Clark had 6 sacks last year and many think he has more pass rush potential than other NTs in this draft.
    Right, but some scouts do not feel he's a three down player. I hope to hell they're wrong.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packe...377539121.html

AFC scout: "Strong at the point of attack. Stout. I see him as a two-down player. I don't see him as a third-down player. He's a bull rusher. Most of the guys that play nose tackle are bull rushers."

On Thursday afternoon, a scout for an AFC team was asked how he saw a possible decision between Clark and Butler.

"I put a lot of value in versatility and pass rush," the executive said. "You're in nickel 60% of the time. Why are you drafting for 40% of the time? When the game's on the line you're in nickel, not base. "On the other hand, you can't stop the run if you don't have a nose tackle. With Clark, they'll be better in their run defense but they still haven't addressed the 60% issue.

39(137) Packers (Compensatory Selection) Lowry, Dean DE 6'6" 296 Northwestern 5.2

DE ...Dean Lowry ...Northwestern Big Ten .....Grade 5.2

Isn't he a REACH !?

Draft Projection Round 7 or priority free agent

Bottom Line Try-hard player with good size who is always active. While he won’t be considered a pass rushing threat, Lowry’s production was a function of effort and flashes of power and the aforementioned traits and qualities give him a good shot at being drafted and becoming an NFL backup.

OK sorry I just got it :

Weaknesses ** Short arms and small hands prevent him from posting higher win percentage at point of attack

** ' short arms ' makes him a Ted Thompson Guy !

The final picks:

40(138) Browns (Compensatory Selection) Devalve, Seth TE 6'4" 245 Princeton 4.9

41(139) Bills (Compensatory Selection) Jones, Cardale QB 6'5" 253 Ohio St. 5.4

End of ROUND FOUR.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 04-30-2016 at 01:21 PM.

39(137) Packers (Compensatory Selection) Lowry, Dean DE 6'6" 296 Northwestern 5.2

DE ...Dean Lowry ...Northwestern Big Ten .....Grade 5.2

Isn't he a REACH !?

--Dane Brugler (@dpbrugler) (2/21/16)

Draft Projection Round 7 or priority free agent

Bottom Line Try-hard player with good size who is always active. While he won’t be considered a pass rushing threat, Lowry’s production was a function of effort and flashes of power and the aforementioned traits and qualities give him a good shot at being drafted and becoming an NFL backup.

OK sorry I just got it :

Weaknesses ** Short arms and small hands prevent him from posting higher win percentage at point of attack

** ' short arms ' makes him a Ted Thompson Guy !

The final picks:

40(138) Browns (Compensatory Selection) Devalve, Seth TE 6'4" 245 Princeton 4.9

41(139) Bills (Compensatory Selection) Jones, Cardale QB 6'5" 253 Ohio St. 5.4

End of ROUND FOUR.
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p...499/dean-lowry

WEAKNESSES: For a player of his size, Lowry has short, disproportionate arms. Lacks ideal explosive traits for the next level and needs to develop his pass rush moves to not be so predictable off the snap. Unimaginative pass rush strategy and needs to better set up his moves instead of forcing his way through blockers each play.

Needs to develop his counters, allowing his rush to stall once initial momentum is slowed. Relies more on timing than burst. Can drop in space, but marginal change of direction skills limits his potential off the line of scrimmage.

IN OUR VIEW: He doesn't play with anything less than full effort and that hustle, along with his instincts, allows him to be effective containing the edge. Lowry lacks athletic twitch and move-to-move transition to be a consistent pass rush threat in the NFL, but his initial power and unrelenting play style wears down blockers.

He lacks ideal traits to start at the next level, but shows the recognition skills and versatility to play various scheme techniques as a reserve.

Good Christ, Billings has more shake than Clark... you can see it on the tape.
    wist

Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    You just have to watch this entire process unfold before it becomes obvious you could draft better than Ted Thompson.

It's rather comical.....but too damn familiar. Ted gives you a little smell of something good then hammers you with a sack of shit.

Soon he'll hopefully be gone.

You just have to watch this entire process unfold before it becomes obvious you could draft better than Ted Thompson.

It's rather comical.....but too damn familiar. Ted gives you a little smell of something good then hammers you with a sack of shit.

Soon he'll hopefully be gone.
    If by soon you mean "several years" then yes...it will be "soon".

I love the instant draft grades from the chicken littles.

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Striker View Post
    If by soon you mean "several years" then yes...it will be "soon".

Wait, Striker, so the sky is not falling? That's a relief. I need to cut the grass.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Striker View Post
    Truth.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    Then why did he slide so far down?

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Then why did he slide so far down?
    Because he's being thought of as 'only' a two down guy.

Mike Mayock informed us of that today.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell View Post
    I heard the reason Billings fell was because teams felt he was a good run stuffer but not so hot a pass rusher.