Thread: NFL Draft Day 3

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    I like all of the info Woody shares as well as Harv's info. Gives us two sets of players to look at. Since TT hardly ever cuts his own draft picks, and hightly doubtful he'll cut the Fresno Fraud, either Janis or Abby are probably toast
    This makes no sense since Janis and Abby were also drafted by Thompson. He's going to have to cut one of his own guys, since they are all his own guys and he's not going to keep 7 WRs.

EDIT: I didn't understand what Bretsky was originally getting at, but he means cutting rookies. Not's not entirely true. Didn't he cut two guys last year?
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    This makes no sense since Janis and Abby were also drafted by Thompson. He's going to have to cut one of his own guys, since they are all his own guys and he's not going to keep 7 WRs.

EDIT: I didn't understand what Bretsky was originally getting at, but he means cutting rookies. Not's not entirely true. Didn't he cut two guys last year?
    B meant rookie draft picks. And he's right. TT's picks in the 1st 6 rounds almost always make the team as a rookie.

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post

I doubt we make it through training camp with all receivers healthy. That choice will probably be made for him.

Also, as much as some like Abby, he is definitely on the chopping block as the bottom part of the roster is turned over.

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    I doubt we make it through training camp with all receivers healthy. That choice will probably be made for him.

Also, as much as some like Abby, he is definitely on the chopping block as the bottom part of the roster is turned over.
    I agree, unless Davis agrees to the practice squad.