Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Draft Day 3

What need do you think Perry can fill other than another body for the roster? I've read so many comments like "very stiff", "struggles to change directions" "straight ahead player only" that it doesn't seem he would be more, and might be a lot less than either Ryan or Barrington. What do you think?

I've not felt TE was much of a need after they signed Cook. Some seemed concerned that Cook is on a one year deal, but I'm not any more concerned than I am that Lacy, Bakhtiari, Sitton, Lang and Tretter are also on one year deals. I might even be less concerned with Cook, because I think he will stay if things go well. He openly talked about being disappointed in his personal accomplishments so far in his career. I think he will stay for a decent offer, and won't shop himself as much as some might.

What Patler said to you draftniks, it's a ton of work and is appreciated.

My guess is Ted picks a WR, an OG and a CB or another OLB.

Blog Entries
    This is as good a time as any for a Tyler Higbee update. This is direct from one of KYPack's secret Kentucky operatives. Sat nite in Bowling Green KY, Higbee and his GF were drinkin' in a BG bar. A drunken acting (although it was later found the guy HADN'T been drinkin') Middle Eastern lookin' dude started seriously hassling Higbee's chick. Higbee got all crazy on the guy, almost punched him and went generally nuts. Higbee and the GF went to another bar. There's only a handful of places you can rock and roll at in Bowling Green KY. The hassle guy appeared at that bar and began his act all over again. He kept bothering the GF and physically grabbed her. This time, Higbee threw the punch and laid the guy out. He was cold cocked and had both external bleeding to the face and internal bleeding in his addled brain. Higbee was spotted by both security& cops and he ran away. The cops chased him and caught his ass. And they laid on the charges. Drunk, real drunk, eluding the cops, lying to the cops, assault, assault and pepper, the whole bit. The "victim" is half way OK and got his etiquette lesson. Higbee screwed up his draft status and lost a good bit in this.

The big problem is that the incident happened where it did. If something like this happened in Pittsburgh to Gronk the week before his draft, you never would have heard a word. In Higbee's incident, he looks like Charlie Manson thx to the KY cops.

The big thing I learned is Higbee failed to elude the cops because he is recovering from a knee surgery he had in December. Never heard about that before.

WTH? lol.
    C.H.U.D.

Browns trade back, they're gonna have a million picks....Raiders move way up for a QB????

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out View Post
    WTH? lol.
    I know, it's strange, but true, Freak.

IDK if they should bring Higbee in, he's a solid player, but all this shit & a Knee? Might be too much.

Take a flyer? Is he a playmaker?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    What need do you think Perry can fill other than another body for the roster? I've read so many comments like "very stiff", "struggles to change directions" "straight ahead player only" that it doesn't seem he would be more, and might be a lot less than either Ryan or Barrington. What do you think?
    I liked Perry's tape. His coverage skills aren't top notch, but he tested well athletically. Better than Ragland (and 3 inches and 7 pounds heavier). Actually, better than anybody not named Darron Lee, Deion Jones, or Nick Vigil at ILB (and he's much bigger than those guys). Testing wise he was tied the 4th best overall athlete at ILB (had the same SPARq score as Fackrell, in fact). I think, if nothing else, you get an upgrade on Barrington (or protection for Barrington) as a 2-down ILB. With Perry you get a great 2-down ILB prospect who has an outside chance to be better than people think on third downs. Now, I like Ryan more than most here it seems. I think he'll be a long-time starter for the Pack.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Shoot, he's gone--along with Schobert. Good fit for the Chargers and their 3-4 scheme. I think I would have taken Perry over Fackrell. If the Packers think Fackrell can play nickel/dime LB, then the Fackrell pick makes more sense to me.

Eric Murray also gone.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Sheldon Day taken by a team that plays a 4-3.

Chris Moore and Ryan Smith gone also.

RB Devontae Booker, Utah
    RB Kenneth Dixon, Louisiana Tech
    OG Christian Westerman, Arizona State
    OG Connor McGovern, Missouri
    TE Jerell Adams, South Carolina
    DT Andrew Billings, Baylor
    WR Malcolm Mitchell, Georgia
    ILB B.J. Goodson, Clemson
    RB Paul Perkins, UCLA
    ILB Nick Kwiatkoski, Utah
    ILB Blake Martinez, Stanford
    CB/S Jalen Mills, LSU
    CB Maurice Canady, Virginia
    RB Jonathan Williams, Arkansas
    WR Charone Peake, Clemson
    DL Hassan Ridgeway, Texas
    DL Willie Henry, Michigan
    S Miles Killebrew, Southern Utah
    S Tyvis Powell, Ohio State
    CB DeAndre Elliott, Colorado State
    DE Dean Lowry, Northwestern
    OG Joe Dahl, Washington State
    CB Kevin Seymour, USC
    CB Kalan Reed, Southern Mississippi
    RB DeAndre Washington, Texas Tech
    WR Keyarris Garrett, Tulsa
    S Kavon Frazier, Central Michigan
    DT D.J. Reader, Clemson
    WR Trevor Davis, California
    WR Ricardo Louis, Auburn
    WR Mike Thomas, Southern Mississipp

*TE Tyler Higbee, Western Kentucky is a wildcard.

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    Sheldon Day taken by a team that plays a 4-3.
    No sure how he'll fit but the Jags are having a helluva draft on paper.

1(99) Browns Schobert, Joe OLB 6'1" 244 Wisconsin 5.4

2(100) Raiders (From Browns through Eagles through Titans) Cook, Connor QB 6'4" 217 Michigan St. 5.8

3(101) Cowboys Tapper, Charles DE 6'3" 271 Oklahoma 5.4

4(102) Chargers Perry, Joshua ILB 6'4" 254 Ohio St. 5.4

5(103) Jaguars Day, Sheldon DT 6'1" 293 Notre Dame 5.6

6(104) Ravens Young, Tavon CB 5'9" 183 Temple 5.4

7(105) Chiefs (From 49ers) Ehinger, Parker OG 6'6" 310 Cincinnati 5.1

8(106) Chiefs (From Buccaneers through Bears) Murray, Eric CB 5'11" 199 Minnesota 5.4
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    No sure how he'll fit but the Jags are having a helluva draft on paper.
    Agreed, and I'm rooting for former NDSU Bison Gus Bradley. The only pick that I didn't like was Yannick Ngakoue. I thought it was a little early for him.

9(107) Ravens (From Dolphins) Moore, Chris WR 6'1" 206 Cincinnati 5.2

10(108) Buccaneers Smith, Ryan CB 5'11" 189 North Carolina Central 5.3
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Goodson gone.

Dang it. Higbee gone. Gotta go for a moment. Good pick for Goff. Got a little Travis Kelce or maybe Jared Cook to him. Very athletic.

RB Devontae Booker, Utah
    RB Kenneth Dixon, Louisiana Tech
    OG Christian Westerman, Arizona State
    OG Connor McGovern, Missouri
    TE Jerell Adams, South Carolina
    DT Andrew Billings, Baylor
    WR Malcolm Mitchell, Georgia
    RB Paul Perkins, UCLA
    ILB Nick Kwiatkoski, Utah
    ILB Blake Martinez, Stanford
    CB/S Jalen Mills, LSU
    CB Maurice Canady, Virginia
    RB Jonathan Williams, Arkansas
    WR Charone Peake, Clemson
    DL Hassan Ridgeway, Texas
    DL Willie Henry, Michigan
    S Miles Killebrew, Southern Utah
    S Tyvis Powell, Ohio State
    CB DeAndre Elliott, Colorado State
    DE Dean Lowry, Northwestern
    OG Joe Dahl, Washington State
    CB Kevin Seymour, USC
    CB Kalan Reed, Southern Mississippi
    RB DeAndre Washington, Texas Tech
    WR Keyarris Garrett, Tulsa
    S Kavon Frazier, Central Michigan
    DT D.J. Reader, Clemson
    WR Trevor Davis, California
    WR Ricardo Louis, Auburn
    WR Mike Thomas, Southern Mississippi

12(110) Rams Higbee, Tyler TE 6'6" 249 Western Kentucky 5.6

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Dang, Ryan Smith was one of my favorites.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers