Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: A review of the Clark, Spriggs and Fackrell picks

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    JSO anonymous scout review.
    http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packe...377539121.html

Consensus - Clark is solid, Fackrell may be good, or may have lost a critical step from the knee injury. Spriggs - yikes, a looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane type

TT must have loved Spriggs a the Senior Bowl, because that analysis does not give me hope for this pick being anything other than TT's worst 2nd rounder since Brohm, and he traded up to get him as well.

I like Clark, am dubious about Fackrell, and hate the Spriggs pick, especially with the trade factored in.
    I don't understand your concern. I think your conclusion about the consensus on Spriggs is wrong if based it on the comments in the JSO article.

It reads as if they were asked if he was a first rounder and better than the others. If you sort through the chaff, of 12 scouts, three do not seem to like him at all, the others have criticisms, but think late first or early second would have been good places to take him and that he has a shot to be a left tackle.

No, not everyone loves him, but he seems OK for where he was taken.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    I don't understand your concern. I think your conclusion about the consensus on Spriggs is wrong if based it on the comments in the JSO article.

It reads as if they were asked if he was a first rounder and better than the others. If you sort through the chaff, of 12 scouts, three do not seem to like him at all, the others have criticisms, but think late first or early second would have been good places to take him and that he has a shot to be a left tackle.

No, not everyone loves him, but he seems OK for where he was taken.
    You know, I agree. It sounds like he's a great athlete and an alright player based on those scouts. I don't get a great feel for the pick, but he could develop into a good player. Good is alright.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell View Post
    Tt talked about Clark after day 1 and spriggs and the lb after day two. I listened and watched his body language, and formed impressions that can be argued and disagreed with, but impressions none the less. That's what I shared. Opinion. I've been getting more consistently right with my opinions over the years, not always, but more often. It's still an opinion though and certainly up for debate.
    JH...You made Google:

A review of the Clark, Spriggs and Fackrell picks - PackerRats.com

packerrats.com › Forum › Big Cheese › Green Bay Packers

2 days ago - 20 posts - ‎12 authors

We've both been following these TT lead Packers for a while. I still think Ted is .....

http://www.packers.com/media-center/...6-74cf627eb0b8.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...2016-nfl-draft

Ten most underrated offensive prospects in 2016 NFL Draft

By Gil Brandt ... NFL Media senior analyst

Published: March 21, 2016 at 01:45 p.m. Updated: March 22, 2016 at 12:27 p.m.

999+ Likes | 34 Comments

Jason Spriggs, OT, Indiana:

Spriggs (6-5 5/8, 301, 4.85) is athletically special, and nowhere was that more apparent than at the NFL Scouting Combine, where he was the top prospect at his position in four events. He's also very strong (31 bench reps) and light on his feet.

He has the ability to play in the NFL for a long time.

This video contains coverage on Spriggs and Fackrell both impressive specimens (the Packers need to get tougher....mean !):

http://www.packers.com/media-center/...3-cadf5e389af9
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 05-01-2016 at 09:04 PM.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell View Post
    He said he was, "the man."

And apparently TT is wrong sometimes too But I've noticed a trend that when the Packers take guys that TT talks about how good they are at football, they usually end up being good at playing football. With some exceptions. In 10 years it's the closest thing to a reliable way to judge a draft after the draft as I've come up with.
    Good post, good discussion. I am not a member of the Alex Green fan club, but in fairness, TT drafted him before he hurt his knee. Was he going to become something special? Probably not. The knee injury, perhaps his own resolve or ability after the injury is what sapped Alex Green's career.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

I don't think Alex Green showed too much before he got hurt. I think TT just whiffed on that one.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    I don't think Alex Green showed too much before he got hurt. I think TT just whiffed on that one.
    Green played in a spread offense at Hawaii. TT made the gamble, based partly on Green's performance at the Senior Bowl, that he could make the transition to a pro-style offense. He couldn't.

http://www.packers.com/news-and-even...mid=96970&jb=0

Packers wanted big guys and got big guys

Posted Apr 30, 2016

By: Mike Spofford packers.com senior writer @MikeSpofford

Four of seven draft picks are linemen, five of seven from out west

Comment woodbuck27:

I believe this belongs here with JH's fine thread. Thanks JH for your analysis and insite into the nuances of Ted Thompson. He personally drives me up the wall at times and suddenly I'm all for him. LOL

If you havn't as yet seen the TT Presser following the 2016 Draft ... here it is:

I was impressed with how TT responded in this press conference. I felt he was pleased and open (revealing) in his responses. I liked how he opened showing his appreciation for all the Packer personnel that assist in helping to ensure a drafts success. If you stick with this interview you'll hear TT talk about the importance of the area scouts.