Thread: Everything you need to know about TT's 4th Round Pick... ILB Blake Martinez

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Kind of funny, but I had Jake Ryan as a comparison for Blake Martinez. I'm sure it was based mostly on similar size and similar athletic measurables (Ryan was slightly better in both). Plus, reading some scouting reports. I didn't get a chance to study Martinez, so I don't know if the comparison is that accurate. I gave both a 4th round grade and both were taken late in the 4th round. I had Ryan as the #8 ILB in last year's draft (he was the 9th ILB taken) and Martinez as the #7 ILB in this year's draft (he was the 8th ILB taken).

My comparison for Kenny Clark was Sylvester Williams.
    My comparison for Jason Spriggs was Terron Armstead.
    My comparison for Kyler Fackrell was Connor Barwin.
    My comparison for Kyle Murphy was Ty Sambrailo.
    My comparison for UDFA Beniquez Brown was Ramik Wilson, an ILB who was taken just before Ryan in last year's draft.
    My comparison for UDFA Geronimo Allison was Tony Lippett, a WR who was taken in the 5th round last year.
    Last edited by HarveyWallbangers; 05-02-2016 at 01:58 AM.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson