Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
Rotoworld:

Davis (6'1/188) played two seasons at Cal after transferring from Hawaii, parlaying 64 career catches into 1,071 yards (16.7 YPR) and seven TDs. He also returned two kickoffs for scores. Davis ripped up the Combine, blazing 4.42 with a 38 1/2-inch vertical and 10-foot-4 broad jump and shredding agility drills. Davis' future at wideout has been an open question among NFL scouts, but his special teams prowess should earn him extended opportunities. Apr 30 - 3:16 PM

An NFC West scout believes Cal WR Trevor Davis could make a roster as a returner.
"He's a pretty good returner," the scout said. "I don't see him being drafted, but he could make a team as a return man and last receiver on the depth chart." NFL Media's Lance Zierlein believes that Davis' speed doesn't always translate to the field. Davis is praying for a late-round call. Apr 12 - 2:02 PM

NFL Media draft analyst Chad Reuter says that if he had to identify a mid-round sleeper "in the Emmanuel Sanders or Mike Wallace mold," he would pick Cal WR Trevor Davis.
The 6-1, 188-pound transfer from Hawaii has essentially been ignored during the draft process, though ESPN analyst Todd McShay tweeted in January that Davis "keeps flashing" during his film study of Jared Goff. Davis had a career-high 40 catches last season for 672 yards and two scores. "I think he could explode in the NFL if given the opportunity," wrote Reuter. "He has the quickness to work the middle of the field, and his ability to snatch the ball from the air during his combine workout was impressive." Mar 20 - 5:29 PM
Yup ! I'm learning more about TT's fifth round 'surprize' at the time pick for me. Maybe he's more than a 'peanut'!?
Maybe he can bulk up a bit and get tough and determined and be the Packers 'Steve Smith'?

I read NFL.COM's Chad Reuters thoughts on him and was going to post that but you beat me to the punch pbmax.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/trevor-davis?id=2555413

Draft Analysis:

" The Packers are on to this ascending player who only started 1 year at Cal. He opened some eyes at the Combine with his speed and hands. He can help stretch the field in some of Green Bay's spread sets." --Mark Dulgerian

Here's some decent video on Trevor Davis:

http://espn.go.com/blog/green-bay-pa...in-fifth-round

The story:

With Trevor Davis added in fifth round, don't call Packers receivers slow
BY: Rob Demovsky ... ESPN Staff Writer

More:

Combine leader in 40 yard dash (4.42), vertical jump (38.5 inch), 3-cone (6.6 seconds), and 60 yard shuttle (10.94 seconds). Good athlete.

Per PFF: Trevor Davis averaged 9.5 YAC/reception, 6th-best in this WR class.

Obviously Ted Thompson has high hopes for Trevor Davis as we all do.