Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mike Neal has "moved on"

Mike Neal has "moved on"

Neal sent a rather odd tweet suggesting he would not now come back to GB, which he later tried to backpedal from, and Elliot Wolf subsequently stated that Mike Neal had "moved on" from the Packers.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packe...377712081.html

If reports are accurate, the Packers signed enough URFAs to fill their roster, indicating no immediate intent to sign Neal.....or John Kuhn.

Did we ever make him an offer? I fear for Mike Neal that it is gonna be hard for him (and John Kuhn) to find employment any time soon. It doesn't appear they are in big demand.

Neal might now draw some interest from teams who weren't able to fill a need at OLB in the draft. Probably not much of a market for 33 year old fullbacks.

Ted said nothing was final about Neal yet and I think that was after the Holy Frackrell pick. But like Kuhn or Jones, if he comes back, it will be in August unless there is an injury.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

No way for us to know for sure if GB ever made an offer to Neal or not, as it is not there pattern to ever say so. Sometimes we do hear about offers, and to that I can say that I have not heard of any offer to Neal, but that doesn't mean there hasn't been one.

Neal will probably end up in camp somewhere, but at this point he probably will see an offer for little more than the vet minimums on a one, maybe two year deal. If he is lucky, he might get a contract with significant performance bonuses, but the opportunity for a signing bonus of substance is likely gone for this year.

I think the league is telling John Kuhn that he is retired, but perhaps on a few teams emergency call list for 2016 if injuries open a spot.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Ted said nothing was final about Neal yet and I think that was after the Holy Frackrell pick. But like Kuhn or Jones, if he comes back, it will be in August unless there is an injury.
    Ya, it was after Wolf's statement, too. I would expect the Packers to leave the door open for discussions, which TT did, but I don't think they are very motivated to do anything right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Neal might now draw some interest from teams who weren't able to fill a need at OLB in the draft. Probably not much of a market for 33 year old fullbacks.
    RE: FB John Kuhn

He might be back with the Packers...he's such a fan favourite.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    RE: FB John Kuhn

He might be back with the Packers...he's such a fan favourite.
    If that mattered, Donald Driver would still be a Packer. It doesn't matter, and it shouldn't.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    If that mattered, Donald Driver would still be a Packer. It doesn't matter, and it shouldn't.
    Amen
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Pick ! Pick !! Pick !!!

Yup kick the 'H' out of a simple post Joemailman. Isn't that typical of your style here. That's not a question !

Dear God if I'm running the team 'of course' what the fans may feel about a certain fav player doesn't matter.

It's the 'shark attitude' poster like you have here that intimidates progress and ...any new membership.

Do you ever relax?
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Pick ! Pick !! Pick !!!

Yup kick the 'H' out of a simple post Joemailman. Isn't that typical of your style here. That's not a question !

Dear God if I'm running the team 'of course' what the fans may feel about a certain fav player doesn't matter.

It's the 'shark attitude' poster like you have here that intimidates progress and ...any new membership.

Do you ever relax?
    your post clearly suggested that Kuhn might come back because he's a fan favorite. Not gonna happen with the current organization, and hopefully will never happen. Fans can wish for a popular guy to come back because they like him, that's fine, but it doesn't mean it's a good idea, in a football sense. Of course, this is different than bringing a guy back because he is a key locker room guy. I could see bringing someone back for team unity, but only in rare circumstances.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    ....or John Kuhn.
    YES!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    your post clearly suggested that Kuhn might come back because he's a fan favorite. Not gonna happen with the current organization, and hopefully will never happen. Fans can wish for a popular guy to come back because they like him, that's fine, but it doesn't mean it's a good idea, in a football sense. Of course, this is different than bringing a guy back because he is a key locker room guy. I could see bringing someone back for team unity, but only in rare circumstances.
    Again 'of course'.

My rebut calls attention to the term:

The Ugly American and why such people can't learn to be less anal.... to simply relax.

" ...The American people I meet in my country are not the same as the ones I knew in the United States. A mysterious change seems to come over Americans when they go to a foreign land. They isolate themselves socially. They live pretentiously. They are loud and ostentatious." ..... a commentary on 'The Ugly American".
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 05-02-2016 at 08:56 AM.

Pick ! Pick !! Pick !!!

Do you ever relax?

Again 'of course'.

My rebut calls attention to the term:

The Ugly American and why such people can't learn to be less anal.... to simply relax.

" ...The American people I meet in my country are not the same as the ones I knew in the United States. A mysterious change seems to come over Americans when they go to a foreign land. They isolate themselves socially. They live pretentiously. They are loud and ostentatious." ..... a commentary on 'The Ugly American".
    Do you ever relax?

Relax, Woodrow. You were ready to shitcan Thompson for this year's draft, despite none of them having ever stepped on the field for the Packers yet.

I think Joe is simply expressing his desire that Kuhn not be brought back.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    I think Joe is simply expressing his desire that Kuhn not be brought back.
    Let's express this more.

Unless Ripkowski gets hurt or arrested, I don't see Kuhn coming back, except as a coach.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    Let's express this more.
    Come on Z, you don't want to have 2 FB's on the roster again?

I miss 2004 when we carried both Bryan Barker and B.J. Sander. That was neat.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

We need two punters more than we need Kuhn.

Woody....you and Joe need to sit down for some custard.
    C.H.U.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina_Packer View Post
    Come on Z, you don't want to have 2 FB's on the roster again?

I miss 2004 when we carried both Bryan Barker and B.J. Sander. That was neat.
    I've found John Kuhn's spirit animal