Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Grade the 2016 draft

Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    I think Patler at least agrees that you need arms. Lowry is maybe the first player I've watched where you really notice the lack of length. So many impact plays seem to slip through his alligator arms. Its not just the arms either, its the combination of short arms, wide chest, and long torso. He's shaped like three midgets in a trench coat. To finish plays his sternum has to touch who he's trying to tackle which leads to lots of lunging and an inordinate amount of time on the ground for a guy as athletic as he is.

That's some funny stuff right there.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

I think Patler at least agrees that you need arms. Lowry is maybe the first player I've watched where you really notice the lack of length. So many impact plays seem to slip through his alligator arms. Its not just the arms either, its the combination of short arms, wide chest, and long torso. He's shaped like three midgets in a trench coat. To finish plays his sternum has to touch who he's trying to tackle which leads to lots of lunging and an inordinate amount of time on the ground for a guy as athletic as he is.
    Agreed, both of us do accept that you need arms. This will just help narrow down how long they need to be.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Agreed, both of us do accept that you need arms. This will just help narrow down how long they need to be.
    As a minimum, I think the guy should have arms long enough so that he can touch his palms together in front of his chest. Does Lowry meet this requirement?

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    As a minimum, I think the guy should have arms long enough so that he can touch his palms together in front of his chest. Does Lowry meet this requirement?

I think he could manage that. But f he stood straight up I doubt he reach the change in his pocket.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

lol

There have to be PEDs for that. They can go without him for four games.

Maybe splice in frog DNA?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    I give this draft a:

l

This is the festivus pole. It stands unadorned with no tinsel or flash. Just like the Packers draft. No wow picks, nothing fancy. Just a straight up solid draft with a good strength to weight ratio.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

I'll bet Lowry never picks up the check.

I think he could manage that. But f he stood straight up I doubt he reach the change in his pocket.
    I hope he has a girlfriend because it looks like his arms are so short he can't even beat off.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Why is he wearing gloves?
    C.H.U.D.

Can someone photoshop an alligator head on him? We'll name him Wally.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out View Post
    Why is he wearing gloves?
    So when he runs he doesn't scrape his knuckles on his rib cage?
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    So when he runs he doesn't scrape his knuckles on his rib cage?
    poor guy, he's just getting abused!

"Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by esoxx View Post
    Can someone photoshop an alligator head on him? We'll name him Wally.

I'm at work and busted out laughing when I saw this ^^^^

Thanks Craig!

Love that Wally.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    I give this draft a:

l

This is the festivus pole. It stands unadorned with no tinsel or flash. Just like the Packers draft. No wow picks, nothing fancy. Just a straight up solid draft with a good strength to weight ratio.
    I'm unfamiliar with your sense of humor. Is this like a Harlan boner reference?
    [QUOTE=George Cumby] ...every draft (Ted) would pick a solid, dependable, smart, athletically limited linebacker...the guy who isn't doing drugs, going to strip bars, knocking around his girlfriend or making any plays of game changing significance.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by swede View Post
    then it would be an i
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by swede View Post
    We were to grade the draft with an emoji. I chose the festivus pole. If you are unfamiliar with it, feel free to google festivus, or just wait a while and I'm sure woody will be happy to provide you with some links.