Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Grade the 2016 draft

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    Yes, the draft picks all look good and as if they're a perfect fit. But I can't help but remember the draft a couple of years back where TT went defense with the first six picks. I was excited about all that talent. Now, they're mostly out of the league.

I am hoping this is the other side of the luck coin. You win some, you lose some. These guys better show when the pads go on.
    Nah, Perry and Daniels are still with the pack, and Hayward just left. That wasn't too bad. The injuries to Hayward and Perry were annoying. Worthy McMillan and Manning were busts. 50%
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Comment woodbuck27:

The Packers have this team on their regular season Schedule ...Sun, Sep 11 @ Jaguars 1:00 PM

I discovered this article RE: The Jags and the outstanding Draft Grade this team has been awarded by experts in this area. I decided to drop it here rather than on the Packer Schedule thread.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...m_campaign=nfl

Despite Top Draft Position, Jaguars Must Temper Expectations for Dante Fowler

By Justis Mosqueda , Featured Columnist May 10, 2016
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Nah, Perry and Daniels are still with the pack, and Hayward just left. That wasn't too bad. The injuries to Hayward and Perry were annoying. Worthy McMillan and Manning were busts. 50%
    And Hayward left for a good sized deal. Packers were willing to bring him back at a lower price. No bust in that.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Worthy, McMillian and Terrell Manning were the ones that didn't work out, so 50% hit rate which is pretty good to be sure. Surprisingly, the one that the Pack cut ties with first, Manning, is the only one of the 3 still in the league. From Wikipedia
    Green Bay Packers (2012)
    San Diego Chargers (2013)
    Minnesota Vikings (2014)*
    New York Giants (2014)*
    Miami Dolphins (2014)*
    Chicago Bears (2014)
    New York Giants (2014)
    Atlanta Falcons (2015)*
    Miami Dolphins (2015–2016)*
    5 teams in '14!
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    Worthy, McMillian and Terrell Manning were the ones that didn't work out, so 50% hit rate which is pretty good to be sure. Surprisingly, the one that the Pack cut ties with first, Manning, is the only one of the 3 still in the league. From Wikipedia
    Worthy is on the Bills roster. He has bounced around a few teams, spending time on practice squads, too. The Bills signed him last year for a couple games at the end of the season, and kept him this off season.
    Last edited by Patler; 05-11-2016 at 09:03 AM.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post

5 teams in '14!
    I bet there were a lot of days where he woke up not knowing who he was or where he was. Kinda like The Skinbasket and Nutz.

I had given this draft a C in another thread I think... but the more I look at it, the more I think it'll be okayish. Still not wowed by any means. Still, I think some of the guys will contribute as role players - and I like Spriggs long term. He might get Rodgers killed this year if he ends up starting at LT, but long term I think he'll be a good player.

Round 1 - Kenny Clark, Grade C

I'm okay with Clark as a player, but think he is too limited to be a 1st round pick (the supposed rationale for Billings dropping apparently), I thought he belonged in the 2nd round. He's a run-stuffer, and I didn't think he was even the best run-stuffer still on the board. Robinson was still there, Billings (whom I still think will be - or perhaps would have been had he not gone to Cincy, better than Clark)

Round 2 - Jason Spriggs, Grade A-

I didn't want him in the 1st round all the way thru til after the draft, but have since changed my mind on him... I think he's a 1st round value. He's going to take a couple of years to get stronger, and hopefully fix that ugly redirect, but long-term I think he'll be fine.

Round 3 - Kyler Fackrell, Grade C

He does some things very well, and he might be an asset in underneath zone coverage - if we ever ran it much. Overall, he's kind of an awkward player, and I suspect teams will run right at him.

Round 4 - Blake Martinez, Grade B

I think he will be better than both Barrington and Ryan, and won't be as much of a liability in coverage. Still, I would prefer to see him be our #2 ILB instead of our #1. We're still pathetically weak at the position. Long term, don't think that will ever change. TT is likely done trying to invest in the position for a while.

Round 4 - Dean Lowry, Grade C+

He's pretty limited, and has shorter arms than Herve Villechaize; but, I think he can hold the point of attack pretty well, and will be a functional DE rotation guy - the 20% of the time we run base.

Round 5 - Trevor Davis, Grade C+

Think this guy has upside, and that's what I want to see from a 5th round pick. He's got speed - which is something we are sorely lacking at WR. He returns kicks. Hopefully he'll develop.

Round 6 - Kyle Murphy, Grade A

Love this pick in the 6th round. Think he's lightyears better than Barclay. He should be a starter on the line within a couple 2-3 years. Don't know why he dropped... some people had him as a possible 1st round pick; one site had him as a 3rd rounder.

Overall, B-
    wist

R1 Clark: B+ solid player, athletic, good run defender, reportedly a natural 3-4 NT, never hurt, 20 years old with lots of room to grow. Doubt he's a playmaker, but I think he's a very solid pick at a need position.

R2 Spriggs: B like the pick, especially in R2. Finesse player, athletic. I worry about some of the 'looks like Tarzan' stuff, but I think if he puts in a solid year of work in an NFL weight room and Campen can teach him to punch nasty they'll have something. Insurance/leverage for Bahktiari's free agency.

R3 Fackrell: C+ Intriguing size, speed. Supposed to be decent in (short) coverage. Won in college with speed, will need to get a lot stronger. Boom/bust guy; I don't have high expectations for him but they had to take a flier on an edge rusher, and he's played in a 3-4. The age thing isn't really an issue IMO.

R4 Martinez: B+ Similar to Jake Ryan in many ways, but I think his potential coverage ability is better. I think he becomes a ST demon while learning the backup ILB role. With TT investing picks at ILB for Bradford, Barrington, Ryan, Palmer (since released), and Martinez, they better have a pair of ILBs to line up on Sundays by now.

R4 Lowry: C+ Who? Seriously, I like his size except for the alligator arms. Good motor, athletic, smart, can play the 5-tech. Depth pick and I don't expect much from him beyond that.

R5 Davis: B Offers pure speed and good agility. If he can run good routes and doesn't develop the dropsies he nudges Abby off the roster. I wasn't expecting a WR pick but the more I think about it the more I like it. Measurables compare to Emmanuel Sanders.

R6 Murphy: C- Maybe he can compete at G or RT in a year. I think Campen and TT try to stash him on the PS and next year could provide insurance in case of Sitton/Lang leaving. This guy is a long term investment.

Overall I give the draft a B, knowing that this is a silly but entertaining exercise and we won't really know until about 2018.