Thread: Grade the 2016 draft

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries
    I don't get the Spriggs concern at all. I was worried TT would grab him round one. I think he's a great pick where we got him. He was a VERY solid college players and played very well at the Senior Bowl. And y'll know I'm not a TT worshipper but to me that pick was stellar
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    I don't get the Spriggs concern at all. I was worried TT would grab him round one. I think he's a great pick where we got him. He was a VERY solid college players and played very well at the Senior Bowl. And y'll know I'm not a TT worshipper but to me that pick was stellar
    Spriggs has all the measurable except size. Can he bulk up to 330 by next year and develop the punch you need in the NFL. This draft grade lives and dies by what spriggs weighs July 1st 2017.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Spriggs has all the measurable except size. Can he bulk up to 330 by next year and develop the punch you need in the NFL. This draft grade lives and dies by what spriggs weighs July 1st 2017.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Comment From Ryan

" ...In 10 years how many of these 7 picks do you think we will be able to look back on and say Ted was right and how many you think will be a bust? .."

Response from a chat:

" That's what makes grading drafts a fruitless endeavor. I hear guys say this was a great pick or that was a great pick, or this team had a good draft, and it's always based on either they made big-news trades for big-name players or used early picks on big needs. But that doesn't mean those players are going to pan out. If three of them turn out to be good picks Thompson will have done well. If it turns out he found a Hall of Famer, or a near Hall of Famer, he'll have had a great draft... " Pete Dougherty
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    He won't and shouldn't be 330 by next year or ever. He has good lower body strength. Despite 31 bench presses, he needs to improve upper body strength. Not to the tune of an extra 30 pounds. My guess is he'll settle in at around 315, maybe 320 in his prime.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    He won't and shouldn't be 330 by next year or ever. He has good lower body strength. Despite 31 bench presses, he needs to improve upper body strength. Not to the tune of an extra 30 pounds. My guess is he'll settle in at around 315, maybe 320 in his prime.
    Then he should make a fine RT someday. And lower body strength is what matters for linemen, not upper (with the rare exception of former Greco Roman wrestlers who translate upper body into balance and leverage).

He needs the size so that the bulls don't run through him. He seems to have good feet, and understands the angles, but if you get run over it doesn't matter.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.