Thread: Grade the 2016 draft

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I don't get the angst about Spriggs. It's not like he's all potential and wasn't that good in college.

NFL.com

Spriggs excelled in his senior season, catching second-team All-Big Ten accolades along with the eyes of scouts. The four-year starter also was named first team All-American by the Football Writers Association of America and third-team honors by the Associated Press. Spriggs had a scary moment on the field in 2014 against Michigan State, as he was taken to the hospital after suffering a helmet-to-helmet blow. But since them he has shown the build (6-foot-7, 307 pounds), anchor in pass protection and willingness to block through the whistle to be the type of prospect NFL offensive line coaches will covet at left tackle.
    CBS Sports

A former tight end, Spriggs was a four-year starter at left tackle for the Hoosiers and showed steady development each season, filling out his frame and holding his own against the Big Ten's top rushers like Joey Bosa and Shilique Calhoun.
    He was named second team All-Big Ten in 2015 by the coaches and media and one of six semifinalists for the Outland Trophy. Spriggs was charged with only two sacks allowed in 431 called pass attempts.

In 10 starts in 2014, he allowed just two sacks and was a consistent force in the run game, helping Tevin Coleman rush for over 2,000 yards. Spriggs did not redshirt and missed only one game for the Hoosiers because of injury.
    ESPN

Overall Football Traits
    Production 1

1 = EXCEPTIONAL, 2 = ABOVE AVERAGE, 3 = AVERAGE, 4 = BELOW AVERAGE, 5 = MARGINAL
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Blog Entries
    I give this draft a B. It has the blessing of Bretsky. To me this was "smart" draft. Some very needed spots address. Still ignoring my Darren Sproles threat but it gives me something besides the Fresno Fraud to complain about.

Back to smart. Tretter from Cornell...he's a guy who mentally picked up all of the positions very fast per the Packer beat guys. Last year...Stanford guy...Montgomery...reportedly learned the offense heads and heals faster than other rooks. Did we grab two Stanford guys this year ? Smart dudes.......

We have Aaron Rodgers, who gets us 6=8 wins unless we have utter incompetence all around him. So TT does what he does.....drafted a lot of decent guys...probably no stars....to surround Rodgers and the Claymaker.

Sounds like another 10-12 win season is coming.........
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?