Thread: TT has quietly put together a very strong off season

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Tex;
    The strength of this off season performance is from the fact that he addressed each and every concern with a legitimate POTENTIAL solution. Ultimately success matters, but Jared Cook was an exceptional response to the TE problem. Maybe it will work, maybe not, but the attempt was very good.

It's funny, before free agency opened, there seemed to be a very strong sentiment on here for TT to go out and spend a ton of money on getting Jared Cook signed. Then, when TT plays conservatively and gets Cook relatively cheaply, now everyone is unimpressed. Everyone seemed to want Cook,....until they actually got him. Now, suddenly, it was no big deal to get him.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Tex;
    Everyone seemed to want Cook,....until they actually got him. Now, suddenly, it was no big deal to get him.
    I've noticed that too Patler. Personally I'm excited to see what Cook can do with a good QB throwing him the ball for the first time in his career. He's been catching passes from a lot of big time suck up to this point. If he stays healthy and develops a good relationship with AR I think he's going to open up things for our O more than people realize. I'm much happier with the relatively inexpensive signing of Cook than reaching for a TE from a fairly poor draft class.
    Last edited by SMBASS; 05-01-2016 at 11:47 AM.

Tex;
    The strength of this off season performance is from the fact that he addressed each and every concern with a legitimate POTENTIAL solution. Ultimately success matters, but Jared Cook was an exceptional response to the TE problem. Maybe it will work, maybe not, but the attempt was very good.

It's funny, before free agency opened, there seemed to be a very strong sentiment on here for TT to go out and spend a ton of money on getting Jared Cook signed. Then, when TT plays conservatively and gets Cook relatively cheaply, now everyone is unimpressed. Everyone seemed to want Cook,....until they actually got him. Now, suddenly, it was no big deal to get him.
    I don't disagree, Patler, about getting Cook for a relatively low amount etc. Just the same, giving credit for attempts is kinda like a custom fantasy football league where they give points for carries and pass attempts - unrealistic. I see what you're saying, though. Ultimately, there is a large element of luck involved as to whether what it seems like should happen actually does happen. There actually are quite a few "wow factor" players drafted late first round and lower, even a lot lower. That's where luck comes in - either that or damn good insight, and in recent years, I haven't seen much of that from Ted.

As for Raji, I stand by every negative thing I ever said about him - drafted that high/so much expectations, and then get pushed around and handled as easily as he did, overall, he was pretty pathetic.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Tex;

This just proves we're typical guys. We want the hot chick until she says "yes."
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack