Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: TT has quietly put together a very strong off season

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    The German dude the Vikes took will be a better player than Ted's latest WR bust.
    You can no more proclaim he had a strong off season any more than others can that he didn't. We are in wait and see mode. Although I am cautiously optimistic.
    You can no more claim that the German dude will be a better player than Davis than others including me can say Davis will be better. We are in wait and see mode. Although I an cautiously optimistic.
    Last edited by Joemailman; 05-01-2016 at 07:31 PM.

You can no more proclaim he had a strong off season any more than others can that he didn't. We are in wait and see mode. Although I am cautiously optimistic.
    You are completely wrong in saying that I can't, and my proof is that I already have!

Too many of you are hung up on results at this time. Evaluating the off season in May is a matter of assessing the efforts made; and in that regard he has had a great off season so far. As I said in my original post, it remains to be seen if he was successful, but I think you will agree that the effort has been made.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    would you feel differently had TT drafted 6 wide receivers?
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Blog Entries
    I agree TT has did a stellar job in the offseason. Kudos for locking up Cook as well as finding fair values in the draft to fit out needs.

I still view one weakness but I've been asking for this for a couple yrs so apparently TT and MM do not agree

I still want a scat back who can create mismatches in the passing game. Darren Sproles/James White....etc...kind of guy. NE always has 1 or 2 of them. We have never had one so my assumption is we don't value that
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    I agree TT has did a stellar job in the offseason. Kudos for locking up Cook as well as finding fair values in the draft to fit out needs.

I still view one weakness but I've been asking for this for a couple yrs so apparently TT and MM do not agree

I still want a scat back who can create mismatches in the passing game. Darren Sproles/James White....etc...kind of guy. NE always has 1 or 2 of them. We have never had one so my assumption is we don't value that

Bretsky, I thought of you yesterday when I read about an UDFA the Packers signed - Broderick something-or-other. Holds the school record (Georgia Tech or someplace like that, I think) for the 60 yard dash - weighs about 190, I think he goes 5' 11" or so. That might be your guy. Had injuries the past two years - broken wrist, maybe, then broken leg - but he could be that third down scat back.

What do you think?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Bretsky, I thought of you yesterday when I read about an UDFA the Packers signed - Broderick something-or-other. Holds the school record (Georgia Tech or someplace like that, I think) for the 60 yard dash - weighs about 190, I think he goes 5' 11" or so. That might be your guy. Had injuries the past two years - broken wrist, maybe, then broken leg - but he could be that third down scat back.

What do you think?
    B & Fritz, I agree. Love me a scatback who can run swing routes, screens etc. I think that was the idea with that kid Johnathan Franklin they drafted out of UCLA a few years back. He had a good game vs the Bengals, had some fugly fumbles and bad pass pro. He suffered a career ending injury. I think Stub and TT will look at a scatback, but they are scared of the exposure one of those guys give you in pass pro.

I just wish we'd sign Darren Sproles. The guy come up available every few years for anybody to sign, but he always catches on with somebody else.

Can't we have him just once?

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    B & Fritz, I agree. Love me a scatback who can run swing routes, screens etc. I think that was the idea with that kid Johnathan Franklin they drafted out of UCLA a few years back. He had a good game vs the Bengals, had some fugly fumbles and bad pass pro. He suffered a career ending injury. I think Stub and TT will look at a scatback, but they are scared of the exposure one of those guys give you in pass pro.

I just wish we'd sign Darren Sproles. The guy come up available every few years for anybody to sign, but he always catches on with somebody else.

Can't we have him just once?
    Isn't this what they do with Cobb and Monty out of the backfield?

I agree that I'd like to have a back like that as well Bretsky. I may be off but didn't we try to find someone along those lines with Alex Green, Jonathon Franklin, and maybe a couple of other lesser guys. (Dujuan Harris?) It seems as though it's not a big priority for TT/MM for whatever reason but I think we've given it a casual try in the past and just failed with our choices. It would be nice to have someone coming out of the backfield who could create mismatches with linebackers. It seems like the only time we utilize backs in the passing game is on designed screen pass plays since AR rarely dumps passes off to the backs when he's in trouble anyway.
    Last edited by SMBASS; 05-01-2016 at 10:44 PM.

Blog Entries
    Limited exposure obviously, but Don Jackson (#6 in the video) flashes a bit of scat-back ability... Aggressive runner at minimum...