Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Ty Montgomery

Ty Montgomery

I saw a few people have predicted the 53 man roster on other sites. At least two people thing Monty will start on the pup/ir list. Did I miss something or is his injury not healing?

just got off crutches a recently.

This from Rotoworld via ESPN:

Ty Montgomery (ankle) will be limited in OTAs.
    Montgomery hasn't had any setbacks from late-December surgery, but still isn't running. Coach Mike McCarthy doesn't expect Montgomery to be fully cleared until training camp.
    Source: ESPN.com

http://espn.go.com/blog/green-bay-pa...m-ankle-injury

Although McCarthy said last month at the NFL meetings that he doesn’t expect Montgomery to be fully cleared until training camp, Montgomery impressed coaches last season with his ability to pick up the Packers’ offense quickly, even after missing most of the team’s organized team activity practices while finishing up his coursework at Stanford. That should help him make the most of the offseason program, even if he can’t do much physically.

Montgomery said while he isn’t running, he is “getting to that point,” doing unloaded running in the rehab pool and “incorporating more lower-body exercises” than he had been doing.

“Everything is moving smoothly,” Montgomery said. “My timeline is their timeline. We’re all working together and just making sure the best things happen for me [to get healthy].”

Thanks. Not sure how I managed to miss that.

It's possible he could start on the PUP list. He'll need to pass a physical like everyone else, and his will obviously test the ankle. I'd be very surprised though if this carries over to the regular season.

I don't know, with the Packers "doesn't expect to be cleared until training camp" tends to mean "will be lucky to clear by the start of the season."

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    I don't know, with the Packers "doesn't expect to be cleared until training camp" tends to mean "will be lucky to clear by the start of the season."
    Hard to say. It's fairly common for the Packers to hold out guys coming off off-season surgery until training camp. They will be cautious though. Don't want a repeat of last year.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    It's possible he could start on the PUP list. He'll need to pass a physical like everyone else, and his will obviously test the ankle. I'd be very surprised though if this carries over to the regular season.
    This. I'm fully expecting this to be the case. They will give him as much time as possible to heal.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    This. I'm fully expecting this to be the case. They will give him as much time as possible to heal.
    Yup. The Pack seem to be consistently cautious returning players coming off of injury.

Especially if the other 6 receivers make it through camp healthy.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

If he PUPS can't they keep him there right up until the start of the season?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    If he PUPS can't they keep him there right up until the start of the season?
    As long as he is on PUP at the start of camp (or whatever the failed physical designation is at that time) he can stay on PUP and be eligible to come back after Week 6 with a 3 week window to practice before having to choose to put him on the active roster.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I am going to predict, right here and now, that that's what they do with Montgomery.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

turns out his health problem is cycle cell trait. hopes to play this weekend.

Good, maybe next year fat mike will add a play that's called "throw the ball to the running back out of the backfield"

For a very pass heavy offense, it kind of amazing how little we do that

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    Good, maybe next year fat mike will add a play that's called "throw the ball to the running back out of the backfield"

With Fat Eddy and Plodding Starks as your options, it's not surprising at all. I think they will incorporate more screens next year, especially if they get some more speed back there.

Damn I miss the days of Levens and Bennett running the hell out of screens.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post

you got that right...but remember...it's been big play or bust. i wish we ran a more conventional west coast o. te and wr are thrown to a lot. more plays from under center too. play action is your friend.

I'd like to see some screen passes too, but I kinda doubt it will happen. D Coordinators figured out quite a while ago that blitzing Aaron Rodgers is counterproductive. They also know that they usually can get quick and strong pressure with just 3 or 4 pass rushers. Screens work best when the opponent loads up for a big pass rush - usually blitzing. Since they don't much, we won't much.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?