Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Ty Montgomery

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    It will be interesting to see what number he takes.

He also needs work on his blitz pickup.

Yup !

Getting that new number on his jersey will make all the difference.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    http://www.nfl.com/player/jctretter/2540292/profile

J.C. Tretter dressed for 31 and started only 10 games in four seasons.
    McGinn's numbers:

Of the Packers’ 72 games over the last four seasons, he was healthy enough to play in just 35.

Linsley seems to be similar: 58 games in his 3 years, seems to have been active for 38, played in 28.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    McGinn's numbers:

Of the Packers’ 72 games over the last four seasons, he was healthy enough to play in just 35.

Linsley seems to be similar: 58 games in his 3 years, seems to have been active for 38, played in 28.
    If you eliminate the freak broken ankle during a fumble recovery drill in his rookie season, Tretter is at 31 possible games, 23 available.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

If you eliminate the freak broken ankle during a fumble recovery drill in his rookie season, Tretter is at 31 possible games, 23 available.
    Didn't Linsley get hurt last year while working out? If he would have been a couch potato he would have been available for more games.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    Didn't Linsley get hurt last year while working out? If he would have been a couch potato he would have been available for more games.
    Don't remember.

But Tretter doesn't seem any more injury prone than Linsley. I hope he comes back.

I also think Bob is dead wrong on Spriggs. I saw very little that discouraged me about his pro prospects. He will be a better Tackle than Guard, but I bet he could be a Guard if they committed to it.

I really would like to see Tretter back as well. So that probably means he won't be.

After reading that description somewhere in the JSO about how fat Eddie Lacy is now, I am glad Montgomery is becoming a full-time running back. Sign ol' Eddie to a one-year deal with (weight) incentives, and pair them up. As ripped as Montgomery is, you could call them "Muscle & Fat."
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    After reading that description somewhere in the JSO about how fat Eddie Lacy is now, I am glad Montgomery is becoming a full-time running back. Sign ol' Eddie to a one-year deal with (weight) incentives, and pair them up. As ripped as Montgomery is, you could call them "Muscle & Fat."
    How about Meat and Potatoes?

Or Steak and Cake?

A designated RB yes. But there is no way he can handle being a 3 down back. Well in Stubby's O he maybe could, as the most he will have to run in any game would be 10 times.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    I think the Packers could be better off looking in the draft for back to complement Monty. Lacy has had his moments with the Packers but both sides should move on unless a favorable deal would be in the works, but even then the Packers would look to secure the position by drafting another back.

Personally I would look to draft a back in the mid rounds depending on how the draft shakes out. I like DOnta Foreman from Texas. He is a big back over 240 pounds, he doesn't have very good top end speed on films, but he hits top gear within the first 5 yards of the LOS. He has good vision, in fact he reminds me a lot of Eddie Lacy. Hopefully he keeps his diet in check.

Also Samaje Perine from Oklahoma is also a bigger back (235) that has a better top end speed than Foreman, he is a very strong runner looking to deliver a blow to tacklers. He has some fancy balance and changes levels well, although he runs high at times.

Lacy's production was nearly ideal for what the Packers needed: someone who can get you the third-and-one strictly based on power, yet has enough burst to get those all-important seven or eight yard gains, too. But if they can get that from someone else, okay by me. Still, I'd rather see them re-sign Lacy for a year, which affords them the luxury of drafting a guy down into the middle rounds who can develop.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Fat Man and Little Boy?

Lacy's production was nearly ideal for what the Packers needed: someone who can get you the third-and-one strictly based on power, yet has enough burst to get those all-important seven or eight yard gains, too. But if they can get that from someone else, okay by me. Still, I'd rather see them re-sign Lacy for a year, which affords them the luxury of drafting a guy down into the middle rounds who can develop.
    it all depends on how big he's gotten

if he's pushing 300 then his career might be over

sounds like he has a lot of weight to lose in a small amount of time before anyone signs him. and he doesn't have a lot of time to do it

if he can get back to that 240 range, then bring him back. but if he's just as big as he started this year at, he's probably just gonna get hurt again, or wear down

Lacy did show he could come to camp and produce after an offseason of conditioning. He was averaging over 5 yards a carry last fall before he screwed up that ankle of his.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Lacy did show he could come to camp and produce after an offseason of conditioning. He was averaging over 5 yards a carry last fall before he screwed up that ankle of his.
    Worried about the up and down pattern. He clearly can train and be disciplined, but on his own he obviously eats/trains in a way to put on bad weight.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    I think the Packers could be better off looking in the draft for back to complement Monty. Lacy has had his moments with the Packers but both sides should move on unless a favorable deal would be in the works, but even then the Packers would look to secure the position by drafting another back.

Personally I would look to draft a back in the mid rounds depending on how the draft shakes out. I like DOnta Foreman from Texas. He is a big back over 240 pounds, he doesn't have very good top end speed on films, but he hits top gear within the first 5 yards of the LOS. He has good vision, in fact he reminds me a lot of Eddie Lacy. Hopefully he keeps his diet in check.

Also Samaje Perine from Oklahoma is also a bigger back (235) that has a better top end speed than Foreman, he is a very strong runner looking to deliver a blow to tacklers. He has some fancy balance and changes levels well, although he runs high at times.
    I saw more of Perine and agree he'd be a nice mid round back to get.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

I don't much like Perine - or that whole type of RB. The success of Montgomery more than Lacy ought to demonstrate that we need somebody with a quick start and better cutting ability. From that perspective, Perine is not even the top pro prospect on his team. That would be Mixon, who I would very much like to see the Packers get.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    I don't much like Perine - or that whole type of RB. The success of Montgomery more than Lacy ought to demonstrate that we need somebody with a quick start and better cutting ability. From that perspective, Perine is not even the top pro prospect on his team. That would be Mixon, who I would very much like to see the Packers get.
    Does it really matter who they get? Stubby won't run the ball anyway, especially if they get someone that is good.

Don't remember.

But Tretter doesn't seem any more injury prone than Linsley. I hope he comes back.

I also think Bob is dead wrong on Spriggs. I saw very little that discouraged me about his pro prospects. He will be a better Tackle than Guard, but I bet he could be a Guard if they committed to it.
    He needs at least 20 lbs of muscle. He has no anchor at the moment. Not an entirely uncommon problem for a rookie OL. I am ok with his footwork, and even his hands are solid for a rookie.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    Does it really matter who they get? Stubby won't run the ball anyway, especially if they get someone that is good.
    He runs early, and sticks with it if he has success. Its when we fail a few times he decides throwing 40 passes is ideal.

I would see monty in a sproles type role. Throw him some dumps, some designed screens. Before MM will do that though he needs to become 100% on his blitz pick up. He was the worst we have had at that in a long time (because he had been playing WR and hadn't worked on recognition....I hope).
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.