Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Ty Montgomery

put on IR today and they activated wr michael clark. cool.

3 years in and Monty really hasn't done much. Dang, I thought he'd be a good player for us.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    put on IR today and they activated wr michael clark. cool.
    can Michael Clark run the ball?
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Don't remember.

But Tretter doesn't seem any more injury prone than Linsley. I hope he comes back.

I also think Bob is dead wrong on Spriggs. I saw very little that discouraged me about his pro prospects. He will be a better Tackle than Guard, but I bet he could be a Guard if they committed to it.
    Still riding the SPRIGGS™ train!
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Monty apparently aggravated a wrist injury and it was not the ribs that knocked him off roster.

Packer Report @PackerReport
    Interesting that Montgomery is on IR with wrist. Was on Week 4 injury report with it before the ribs.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

If Silverstein wrote a blog about all the things he puts together just by watching that others struggle to see, I would actually pay for it.

Tom Silverstein @TomSilverstein
    Montgomery has been dealing with the wrist injury off and on since before the first Chicago game. More than likely #Packers or he decided it wasn't going to get better and should be taken care of now. No word whether surgery is necessary.

I will not pay for McGinn to keep telling me the Packers needs big back/mudder to run and win in December, as Mike Holmgren taught him.

Shocker that Ty is on IR. I'm pretty sure someone said he would miss a lot of playing time this year. He's just fragile.

I doubt the Packers have learned, but Montgomery doesn't belong at RB. Certainly not a starter.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    can Michael Clark run the ball?
    can't do anything on practice squad. i'm guessing some team was sniffing around clark so they decided to do this.

I think Ty is back at receiver next year. He’s more quick than fast. I’d like to see him in the slot.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Still riding the SPRIGGS™ train!
    It's good there are a few of u left because there is no room on the SpriggsSux Train
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    I think Ty is back at receiver next year. He’s more quick than fast. I’d like to see him in the slot.
    i'll bet he stays at rb.

Blog Entries
    I liked Montgomery as a WR as well; he ran nice patterns.
    Adam is our best WR; can pay him as well as keep Nelson and Cobb ??
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    I liked Montgomery as a WR as well; he ran nice patterns.
    Adam is our best WR; can pay him as well as keep Nelson and Cobb ??
    Nelson and Cobb's contracts end after 2018 season. They should be able to structure an extension for Adams so that the big cap hits don't start until 2019. Monty could be a good replacement for Cobb. I think he runs too high to survive as a RB.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Nelson and Cobb's contracts end after 2018 season. They should be able to structure an extension for Adams so that the big cap hits don't start until 2019. Monty could be a good replacement for Cobb. I think he runs too high to survive as a RB.
    He is two for two on rib injuries.