Quote Originally Posted by SMBASS View Post
Just one example of all these talking head, "Draft Experts" being full of shit and why I don't pay any attention to anything they say:

Mike Mayock's Top 100 Draft Prospects for 2013

Player Rank

Luke Joeckel #3
Barkevious Mingo #10
Dee Milliner #16
Chance Warmack #4
D.J. Hayden #14
EJ Manuel #41
Bjoern Werner #26
Datone Jones #27
Sylvester Williams #22
Cordarrelle Patterson #30

Every player except Manual was rated as a first round selection. It doesn't mean that they're all a complete bust but they sure didn't live up to their rated draft position for whatever reason. (Injuries, just not that good, not smart enough, etc., etc.)

I could find lists by 100 more, "experts" that are just as far off or worse than Mayock was. The draft is primarily a crapshoot and this is another reason why people getting their undies in a bundle complaining about players being a, "reach" and being taken too early or being a, "bargain" because they were selected later than their, Draft Grade" is hilarious to me. Let the kids put the damn pads on and play some football first. Who ends up being a football player and who doesn't will sort itself out. This happens every single year without exception.
I have to say, Mayock's ranking was pretty damned close to the actual drafting order. Manuel's ranking is out of whack but that can be explained as a reach by Buffalo.