Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 5th Year Options Declined: 2013 Draft Rregrets

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    Sign Peppers, move him to outside linebacker.
    Who cares what you call him? Sign him as a TE, but line him up where his strengths are best utilized; i.e. probably not a good idea to drop him in coverage all that often, but can do that more often with him than with Perry.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    Who should ever trust what the ultimate draft expert (Mike Mayock) might proclaim?

Sure the Experts sometimes get it wrong but no less they are the best or considered competent at what they do...they are obviously respected by the NFL Teams or prospects wouldn't generally come off the board in terms related to 'the Expert Grades' and overall ranking of prospects. Too poo poo all that is nonsense...maybe even arrogance when you put down any fan that acknowledges or respects what these experts have to offer. To go there disclaims against any NFL fan that dedicates him/herself to reading all that available on the internet or in magazines specializing in the importance of the annual NFL Draft.

I'll proclaim this:

If your a serious fan, investing time and money in things like the NFL Network and reading all that's available on the internet won't hurt your competence to expand your fan experience and maybe know more than the casual NFL fan.

We al know that the draft can be hit and miss. TT and his draft team select a certain player based on clear criteria of need or PBA.Then the work with that prospect really begins. It's then more than less out of Ted Thompson and the Scouts hands and in the guidance of the Packer Coaching staff . It's with that prospects real ability to find the correct attitude and drive for a roster spot. That attitude and appreciation for their careers as NFL players on the Green Bay Packers must be maintained ever present into years two ..three etc.
    what's your point?
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    I think I'll be ok.

http://packerrats.com/showthread.php...l=1#post721597

I don't feel like its any dumber of a reclamation project than moving Neal to OLB was. You gotta think its a distant plan B though.
    Obviously he got moved because they wanted to get him more snaps, because he wasn't getting enough otherwise. When he was drafted in 2013, he was projected as a proto-5 tech in a 3-4. Just because he didn't kill it, is not necessarily a reflection on anyone's evaluation skills or coaching. Sometimes it just doesn't work. The team has three choices; 1) have him try diversifying his portfolio by playing OLB or 2) let him rot on the vine or 3) cut him. Without a doubt this is a big year for Datone. I'm sure he knows that more than anyone. I hope he stays healthy and finally is able to show what the Packers saw in him in the first place.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    The Packers also turned down Perry's 5th year and they are still paying him 5 million. So that doesn't mean they won't sign him after the season they just don't want to sign him for his option

^ Yep, good point. Specifically, both Sylvester and Hayden I think were mentioned in the news reports as being likely retained, but at lower dollar figures.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

It's hard to believe how far Patterson has fallen. After his rookie year the dude looked like a star
    Go PACK

Agreed. Now he's "just" a dangerous kick returner, when everyone thought he was the next Randy Moss.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack