Thread: 5th Year Options Declined: 2013 Draft Rregrets

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    So now you're basically agreeing with what I said when we drafted him, i.e. he was never going to be a good fit for a 3-4?? Are you sure you want to align with me on a player?? The other kids in here can get kind of nasty when they're throwing rotten vegetables at me... you could get caught in the crossfire

And for the record, trying Jones at LB is dumber still... wreaks of trying to play Kampman there.

They should have resigned Neal. Losing him is going to hurt.
    I think I'll be ok.

http://packerrats.com/showthread.php...l=1#post721597

Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    He's strictly a 5-technique in a 30 base, and he's a versatile DT inside on passing downs.
    I don't feel like its any dumber of a reclamation project than moving Neal to OLB was. You gotta think its a distant plan B though.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    I think I'll be ok.

http://packerrats.com/showthread.php...l=1#post721597

I don't feel like its any dumber of a reclamation project than moving Neal to OLB was. You gotta think its a distant plan B though.
    Obviously he got moved because they wanted to get him more snaps, because he wasn't getting enough otherwise. When he was drafted in 2013, he was projected as a proto-5 tech in a 3-4. Just because he didn't kill it, is not necessarily a reflection on anyone's evaluation skills or coaching. Sometimes it just doesn't work. The team has three choices; 1) have him try diversifying his portfolio by playing OLB or 2) let him rot on the vine or 3) cut him. Without a doubt this is a big year for Datone. I'm sure he knows that more than anyone. I hope he stays healthy and finally is able to show what the Packers saw in him in the first place.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan