Thread: 2016 Roster

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    I know Jones is a bit of a hybrid now, but wouldn't he more or less count as one of the linebacking corp now?

I would guess the early favorites are Daniels, Guion, Clark, and Pennel, with Lowry being an obvious keep unless he completely poops the bed, plus Ringo (hereafter to be known as "Ringworm") as a strong candidate. I think Josh Boyd might be the odd man out.

I think they keep six and go light at tight end and fullback to make room.
    All in all, Harvey's list looks pretty good, but they are going to have some interesting cuts this year:

WR - Davis could put heat on Abbrederis.
    TE - one spot for Backman, Perillo and maybe even Mitchell Henry
    OL - Rotheram was a heavily recruited RFA, and the Packers also had to increase his salary to keep him on their PS last year. Might he replace Taylor? Can Barclay return to the passable backup he was before his ACL injury?

DL - as discussed, 7 that I could see making the team, not including Pennel at the start..
    OLB - McCray adds an unknown. With him they have 6 possibles, not including Jones at the position.
    ILB - Can Thomas hold the 4th spot? Will they even have a 4th spot? Is Brown as good as some thought in Jan., or the guy who fell out of the draft? Is Bradford done?
    CB - Will they have a spot for Goodsen when he comes off suspension? They have six possible in addition to him.

Cutting any of those mentioned will cause no anguish. Injuries will probably decide the fates of one or two who will drop from consideration because of their own injury, or who will get a spot due to someone else being injured. Nevertheless, for me it will be interesting to see how it all shakes out at the end of camp.

At least they seem to have some reasonable candidates for all of the last positions on the team, other than maybe RB and safety where at least as of now it seems easy to draw the line between those who will make it and those who won't. Even QB is a bit of a question as far as how many they will keep, just the two obvious, or will they use a roster spot for a third?
    Last edited by Patler; 05-04-2016 at 03:51 PM.