Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 2016 Roster

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    no pressure on Clark, eh?
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    no pressure on Clark, eh?
    TT seems to do a good job finding undrafted guys for DL that are OK for depth.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Blog Entries
    I guess this is as good of a spot as any for this.

Quentin Rollings getting some love from USA Today as a player "destined" for a breakout season.

There might not be a young corner with a higher ceiling than Rollins, who played just one year of football at Miami (Ohio). That inexperience led scouts to put the “raw” label on him before the 2015 NFL draft. Rollins looked anything but raw over an encouraging rookie season in which he intercepted two passes without conceding a touchdown, per Pro Football Focus. He’ll get more playing time in 2016 with Casey Hayward moving on to San Diego, which means more opportunities to show off his freakish athleticism.

Demetri Goodsen might not have a spot when he come off suspension. His primary value was ST. Preliminary reports are positive on Davis as a ST'er in roles other than returner:

As the Packers entered their mandatory minicamp this week, the early returns on Davis reinforce the idea that special teams will be an integral part of his role. But, according to special teams coordinator Ron Zook, the specifics of his contributions are more wide-ranging than originally expected.

"It’s been impressive watching what he’s done not only as a returner," Zook said after Tuesday's practice. "He’s come in and we’ve really worked him as a gunner, for example, on the punt team and as a corner holding up and (on the) kickoff team covering. I’ve been very, very pleased with what we’ve seen in the shorts so far. I think there’s no reason for me to believe he’s not going to be a guy that’s going to be able to contribute more than just as a returner."
    Gunther and Daniel could drop Goodsen as low as 7th at CB. If Davis or Daniel fill in adequately on ST's, Goodsen might be looking for work when he come off suspension.