Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Aaron Jones extended at 4 years 48M

Aaron Jones extended at 4 years 48M

Per Drew Rosenhouse
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Blog Entries
    Beat me to the punch )))

I appreciate AJO. Jones and Dillon will make on the best set of RB's in the NFL
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

That's a lot for a RB, even for a very good one

I thought the 9 million people were talking about giving him was too much to pay a RB

History just keeps showing that it doesn't pay off to pay them
    Last edited by red; 03-14-2021 at 03:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Beat me to the punch )))

I appreciate AJO. Jones and Dillon will make on the best set of RB's in the NFL
    For sure. I would expect Jones to slide into Williams 3rd down role. He's become rock solid in pass pro, catches the ball well and can still run for 10+ yards. Dillon starts seeing more 1st and 2nd down action. This is good for Aaron Rodgers too.

Blog Entries
    I am not sure how they will both be used. I could see Jones starting and Matty just going with the flow of the game.

Would really love to see them sign a WR and use the draft to shore up CB/OL, and ILB now

I thought Corey Davis, but I think CD is getting a loot of money and is on all kids of radar's
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Rodgers

Jones
    Adams
    Tonyan
    Lazard
    MVS in the 5 spot.

Obviously bakhs injury looms a little, but the skill guys are there to move the ball. All three of Tonyan, Lazard and MVS, I think all of them have another gear in them. Would be cool if a Bulaga type RT fell in our lap. Then the offense looks pretty good. OT is my new top hope.

Tonyan didn't even have an offseason with the core surgery last year. I think he has a full extra gear with the physical gain and chemistry. Lazard with the core and chemistry too. He has a full extra gear. And MVS is still ascending. So the skill guys look to be top notch for 12.

13 Million signing bonus.

Sigh. Ol was more important to sign than rb. Oh well.. He is a good player
    All tyrannies rule through fraud and force, but once the fraud is exposed they must rely exclusively on force.

George Orwell

Z Smith to sign contract extension to create cap room for A Jones new deal.

I think $12M a year for Jones is too much, but it all depends what the real numbers are in the contract.

I do like him, but expensive RB’s don’t usually pan out.

Rodgers has played with some varieties of teams. He's had OLs with Bahktiari/Sitton/Lindsley/Lang/Bulaga but had Richard Rodgers and Jeff Janis catching balls. And he's had Jennings/Driver/Nelson/Jones and Finley as weapons but had Newhouse protecting his blind side.

This is a skill position chemistry year for 12

Adams 8 years
    Jones 5 years
    MVS 4 years
    Tonyan 3 years
    Lazard 3 years

He has some chemistry with the whole arsonal but has a sketchy OL. 12 should be able to work some magic with a less than perfect surrounding cast because it has enough strengths to find some things they do well. If Bakh rounds into shape for the playoffs they could be elite down the stretch.

Jones makes the sketchy OL less of a concern.

TE with Tonyan likely to have a full other gear in him because of last year's core surgery and the experience with his QB

AND

Jones at running back with big play ability AND chemistry with QB

AND

Lazard having another gear and a TEs blocking skills

This is the best run/pass skill group Rodgers has worked with and should definitely be enough for a dynamic balanced offense to take shape.

I hate spending top dollar at RB...makes no sense. Jones is a great talent, but history is pretty clear that the chances of this deal looking good for the Packers at the end of it are slim to none. This basically means there will be no help coming for the defense this year unless we get ridiculously fortunate in the draft.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    I am not sure how they will both be used. I could see Jones starting and Matty just going with the flow of the game.

Would really love to see them sign a WR and use the draft to shore up CB/OL, and ILB now

I thought Corey Davis, but I think CD is getting a loot of money and is on all kids of radar's
    During MLF's one year as DC at Tennessee he started using both Henry and Dion Lewis in the backfield at the same time. Jones' ability to lineup at WR as well as RB creates lots of possibilities.

Him and dillion are going to be interesting in backfield together. My daughter said he is 8.25 mill against this year.

I bet we could have got Lindsey and Desmond king for that money.
    All tyrannies rule through fraud and force, but once the fraud is exposed they must rely exclusively on force.

George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Upnorth View Post
    Him and dillion are going to be interesting in backfield together. My daughter said he is 8.25 mill against this year
    So that means 5M plus 1/4 of the signing bonus. It'll be interesting to see how much of the 35M to be earned is in the last year of the contract.

Real numbers look team friendly. Only $13M signing bonus and apparently the contract is $9.5M/year with incentives to reach $12M/year. I'm glad they got this done. I understand not paying RBs, but Jones is dynamic, he's great for team culture, and with Dillon they don't have to run him into the ground. MLF's scheme needs a good running game to be effective.

Since 1990, the three highest career yards/carry:
    Jamaal Charles 5.38
    Nick Chubb 5.23
    Aaron Jones 5.17
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    Real numbers look team friendly. Only $13M signing bonus and apparently the contract is $9.5M/year with incentives to reach $12M/year. I'm glad they got this done. I understand not paying RBs, but Jones is dynamic, he's great for team culture, and with Dillon they don't have to run him into the ground. MLF's scheme needs a good running game to be effective.

Since 1990, the three highest career yards/carry:
    Jamaal Charles 5.38
    Nick Chubb 5.23
    Aaron Jones 5.17
    Team culture is important. It's a business but some loyalty goes a long way

Dillon and Jones are good compliments too. If Jones has a weakness it's short yardage. If Dillon has a weakness it's inexperience in a 3rd down role. Between the two, we should be elite in all situations.