Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Finally, Significant Offseason NFC North News

Finally, Significant Offseason NFC North News

Bears talking trash about the Belt.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...on-his-nerves/

“He’s a little arrogant for me. He’s a little too arrogant,” Houston said. “He’s a cheesehead. I’m a Bear. He’s a cheesehead. But I have a lot of respect for his game, I will say that. He’s a great quarterback. As a player, I have a lot of respect for him but the whole championship belt thing kind of gets on my nerves.”

Houston might not be the best one to talk about the way other players celebrate, considering that he once suffered a season-ending knee injury while celebrating a sack late in the fourth quarter of a blowout loss.
    http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago-bear...s-too-arrogant
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

lol

Ohh dear !
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Wasn't Houston the player who celebrated his sack when his team was 25 points down and torn his ACL?
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Yep.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Amp up the trash, baby!
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Wasn't Houston the player who celebrated his sack when his team was 25 points down and torn his ACL?
    http://www.nfl.com/videos/chicago-be...lf-celebrating
    [QUOTE=George Cumby] ...every draft (Ted) would pick a solid, dependable, smart, athletically limited linebacker...the guy who isn't doing drugs, going to strip bars, knocking around his girlfriend or making any plays of game changing significance.

In fairness to Mr. Houston, it looks a little to me like he started into a more exuberant celebration, thought better of it and tried to check himself, then landed awkwardly because of it.

With all due respect, Patler, there is a time for restraint and a time for all out trash talking stupidity.

The time for restraint was after the sack when down by 200 points or whatever.

NOW is the time for all out trash talking stupidity.

What a complete imbecile. I love this ass hat. I hope he keeps talking. This is the shit that needs to happen to get the teams hating each other again. Me likey.

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    With all due respect, Patler, there is a time for restraint and a time for all out trash talking stupidity.

The time for restraint was after the sack when down by 200 points or whatever.
    As I said, I think he would agree with you. He caught himself as he started to celebrate. His mind took a while to catch up to his instinctive reaction to be a showboat. What do you expect? This is a guy who willingly became a Bear. How fast can his mind be?

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    This is a guy who willingly became a Bear. How fast can his mind be?
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/mike_zankle/icebowltickets.png

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Mike View Post
    I love that pic
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Instead of starting a new thread to talk about other teams here is a bump.

So the Vikings d sucked last year as they had no d line but they are getting a lot of reinforcements this year.

Daniel Hunter back from injury.
    Mike pierce back from covid opt out
    Dalvin Tomlinson free agent pick up.

That is one he'll of an offseason set of additions for a cash strapped team. Their secondary was weak at the beginning of last year but steadily improved through out the season. I think they will be much better this year overall on d, likely top 10.
    I also think they will be our competition for the North unless the bears get Wilson some how. Opinions?
    All tyrannies rule through fraud and force, but once the fraud is exposed they must rely exclusively on force.

George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Upnorth View Post
    Instead of starting a new thread to talk about other teams here is a bump.

So the Vikings d sucked last year as they had no d line but they are getting a lot of reinforcements this year.

Daniel Hunter back from injury.
    Mike pierce back from covid opt out
    Dalvin Tomlinson free agent pick up.

That is one he'll of an offseason set of additions for a cash strapped team. Their secondary was weak at the beginning of last year but steadily improved through out the season. I think they will be much better this year overall on d, likely top 10.
    I also think they will be our competition for the North unless the bears get Wilson some how. Opinions?
    They should be better. They were one of the worst run defenses in the NFL last year. Tomlinson will help. Not sure what kind of shape Pierce will be in. They have young CBs. They played a little better towards the end of the year, but not well enough to make me think they have that position fixed. They gave up 33 points to the Bears (in a must win game), 52 points vs. the Saints, and 35 points to the Lions in the last three weeks. Stud Harrison Smith is aging (32). Not sure if they'll get Anthony Harris back. Barr is an old 29. We'll see. it looks like a middle of the road defense. Getting a healthy Hunter back would be huge though. He's a stud.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

So Andy dalton to the bears. At least it isn't Wilson, that would have sucked. I do thinkmdalton is bettervthan trubisky but not by a lot.

Jamal Williams to lions on a 2 year 7 million deal. They got a good player at a good price.i wonder how many snaps he will get. Not a great rb room.
    All tyrannies rule through fraud and force, but once the fraud is exposed they must rely exclusively on force.

George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    They should be better. They were one of the worst run defenses in the NFL last year. Tomlinson will help. Not sure what kind of shape Pierce will be in. They have young CBs. They played a little better towards the end of the year, but not well enough to make me think they have that position fixed. They gave up 33 points to the Bears (in a must win game), 52 points vs. the Saints, and 35 points to the Lions in the last three weeks. Stud Harrison Smith is aging (32). Not sure if they'll get Anthony Harris back. Barr is an old 29. We'll see. it looks like a middle of the road defense. Getting a healthy Hunter back would be huge though. He's a stud.
    Read somewhere that Hunter wants some new money.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Blog Entries
    This is the story of the Bears for the last 70 years. They have 3 QB's, but really they have none.

(Had to edit this. Don't want to start that "one line post" shit again)
    Last edited by KYPack; 03-17-2021 at 09:14 AM.

NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Wednesday on Good Morning Football that Bears GM Ryan Pace and Seahawks GM John Schneider met in Fargo, North Dakota, presumably after attending Trey Lance's pro day, and discussed a potential swap for the discontented QB.

"They talked, offers were exchanged," Rapoport said. "The Bears certainly made a big offer -- multiple first-round picks. The Seahawks slept on it. They discussed it. Yesterday, they decided, specifically coach Pete Carroll, 70 years old, does not want to rebuild, decided we are not trading Russell Wilson to the Bears."

Only after the Seahawks made it clear they weren't trading Wilson did the Bears move to sign Dalton as the stand-in.

It's the type of drama that could be the first act of a hit rom-com.
    So the guy who drafted Trubisky instead of Mahomes or Deshaun Watson was trying to trade multiple 1st round picks to make up for that mistake. That's why the Bears are the Bears.

I did not know that Russell Wilson was "discontented." Did that just happen this winter; was this the Winter of His Discontent?

Why is the Russmeister discontented? I thought he was the ultimate team guy?

And the Bears still suck.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    I did not know that Russell Wilson was "discontented." Did that just happen this winter; was this the Winter of His Discontent?

Why is the Russmeister discontented? I thought he was the ultimate team guy?

And the Bears still suck.
    It sounds like he hates Pete Carroll. Hard to blame him really. That guy is a dickbag.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.