Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Finally, Significant Offseason NFC North News

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    That's ridiculous. They can sign anybody that really needs to be signed, and that goes double if it's next years cap.

Upnorth, I'm puzzled by your remark. Goff may be better than Trubisky (even though I wouldn't bet on that), but it's basically irrelevant considering the teams they are and were on.
    Not if another team offers more.

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    Brockers and Goff. Big Mike said some rude shit about Goff's heart when he left LaLa land, not realizing they'd be teammates in a few weeks.

No biggie, but I like that kinda shit.
    KY, it looks like another case of the new GM bringing in guys from his old organizations - I think the Leos' GM worked for Ted, and of course he came from the Rams. So he trusts the evaluations of those organizations. We'll see.

So far it does look more promising for them than the last regime. Goff is a good enough get-them-by kinda guy til they find their next QB of the future, and they get three first round picks to try to package sometime in the next couple of years to get one. Signing Boyle seems like a very solid move, too. I'm not so sure about Brockers - what did the Lions give up? Did they hand that third round pick back to the Rams?

But the bigger story might be that the new GM is cutting a lot of deadwood from that roster. No more patching and pretending they're contenders. He's building.

Whether he can draft well enough, and sign FA's in a smart manner, well, we'll see.

Maybe Kevin King will be next, on a cheap one year deal.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

I think the signing of Jamaal Williams is an underrated sign the new regime in Detroit might know what they are doing. They got a guy who is solid in every aspect at a position that has been a revolving door for them for years. And for a reasonable of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    I did not know that Russell Wilson was "discontented." Did that just happen this winter; was this the Winter of His Discontent?

Why is the Russmeister discontented? I thought he was the ultimate team guy?

And the Bears still suck.
    The team had the audacity to give him a pile of cash and now can't afford to put all the pieces around him to get him another ring so he can demand more money.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

As the others have said, it's Carroll hate. The meeting that leaked out, before the season, Russ called a pow-wow. It was Pete Carroll and his two kids , who are his assistant coaches. Russ outlined his ideas to give him more offensive tools. Carroll and his kids blew him off. Russ stormed out, saying this ain't the end of this shit.

And now we are here. I don't blame Wilson. Anybody would want out of that mess.
    I'll lead by saying I hate Pete Carroll. I'll end by saying Pete got a ring for Russ and made Russ a Millionaire after being a 4th round pick. Russ isn't as great as they make him out to be. More weapons? DK Metcalf and Tyler Lockett to go with Chris Carson? Gimme a break. Russ needs to stop throwing picks and holding the ball for a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I think the signing of Jamaal Williams is an underrated sign the new regime in Detroit might know what they are doing. They got a guy who is solid in every aspect at a position that has been a revolving door for them for years. And for a reasonable of money.
    Your new avatar has me all fucked up and confused. I see it and I think it's Mad posting. But then the posts are coherent without spelling errors and I ask myself "what's up with Mad?", then I realize it's you.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    How is the Detroit OL? I admit I don't watch them other than 2 games per year.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    I'll lead by saying I hate Pete Carroll. I'll end by saying Pete got a ring for Russ and made Russ a Millionaire after being a 4th round pick. Russ isn't as great as they make him out to be. More weapons? DK Metcalf and Tyler Lockett to go with Chris Carson? Gimme a break. Russ needs to stop throwing picks and holding the ball for a week.
    I have Hawk hate myself. It all stems back to the Fail Mary and the onside kick from hell. I do like Wilson stemming from his time with the Badgers. Wilson wanted some serious tweaking of their offense. He is a vet now and you'd think his suggestions would have had weight. Carroll is a solid coach, but I'd think his expertise is from the old days and not up to date. Wilson is a savvy guy and he knows that their approach is no longer sound. I'd like it if Seattle went into a death spiral bc of all this.

I have Hawk hate myself. It all stems back to the Fail Mary and the onside kick from hell. I do like Wilson stemming from his time with the Badgers. Wilson wanted some serious tweaking of their offense. He is a vet now and you'd think his suggestions would have had weight. Carroll is a solid coach, but I'd think his expertise is from the old days and not up to date. Wilson is a savvy guy and he knows that their approach is no longer sound. I'd like it if Seattle went into a death spiral bc of all this.
    Don't forget, Carroll mysteriously jumped from USC right before the NCAA kicked their ass. Same at his previous college.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    Don't forget, Carroll mysteriously jumped from USC right before the NCAA kicked their ass. Same at his previous college.
    There was nothing mysterious about it.

Quote Originally Posted by sharpe1027 View Post
    There was nothing mysterious about it.
    Right? Effer saw the writing on the wall. The hammer was coming down, a hammer he brought down on everyone because of he sleaze, btw, and gtfo.

The way carol celebrated the fail mary is forever seared in my mind. It was a bullshit call, anyone discerning knew it. He knew it was bullshit but danced and smiled like the monkey he is.

He has no honor.

I don't like Carroll either. I think he's a whiny little piss ant who steals a few calls by nagging the officials so damn much. This supposed feud between him and Wilson, though, I doubt there is much more to it than there was to the media generated bullshit of a Rodgers-LaFleur problem. My guess is Russell is still the Seattle QB this coming season.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    How is the Detroit OL? I admit I don't watch them other than 2 games per year.
    They've got a good center, a first round pick (Ragnow) and Taylor Decker. The rest is in flux.

My guess is they'll be looking in that direction pretty heavily in the draft.

I do think they've had some good moves so far. That worries me. Getting three firsts and a third for Stafford is impressive. Signing Williams from GB and Boyle, both solid moves. Cutting "meh" guys like Jared Davis - good moves there, too.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    It would.

It now becomes clear to me, you are aroused by older naked men. Your hate for Ted and your incessant harping on his lifestyle was just a projection and the frustrated rantings of an unrequited lust/love.
    Who will love you when you’re old?.....see Musings of Polar Bear thread in FYI.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    Who will love you when you’re old?.....see Musings of Polar Bear thread in FYI.
    Lol. I am afraid.

Well, I made my prediction. If Seattle garners the "3 assets" for Russ they will rebuild that D and win another Owl with a game manager QB. The team that gives up the 2 firsts and a solid player will then pay Russ' salary and likely be mediocre for a long time.

This is the story of the Bears for the last 70 years. They have 3 QB's, but really they have none.

(Had to edit this. Don't want to start that "one line post" shit again)
    Shockingly. there are reports that some Bears players aren't thrilled with the direction of the team.

https://www.radio.com/670thescore/sp...oom-distraught

The Bears' culture is about to be tested, with the team facing a potential breaking point.

In need of salary cap space, the Bears are planning to part ways with top cornerback Kyle Fuller -- either through a release to clear $11 million or a trade, as Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reported. A seven-year veteran and one of the most respected players in the Bears' locker room, Fuller will soon be playing for another team -- and he could just be starting the line out of Halas Hall.

The Bears have also given star defensive lineman Akiem Hicks permission to seek a trade, the Chicago Tribune reported. He's due $10.5 million in 2021, and his exit would clear more salary cap space. If Hicks were to depart, the Bears would be losing the beating heart of their once-vaunted defense. He's a player and person who's considered indispensable in the locker room.

Upon learning of Fuller's impending exit and the possibility that Hicks could be out too, the Bears had several key players who were "pissed," as one source close to the team described. Star safety Eddie Jackson, who recently restructured his contract with the hope of keeping a teammate like Fuller in Chicago, tweeted his frustration after the news of Fuller's future became public.

"At this point," Jackson tweeted with a face-palming emoji. He later deleted the tweet.

Thursday didn't mark the first time Bears players have publicly expressed displeasure with Pace and the front office. Many took to Twitter in support of star receiver Allen Robinson last fall as his contract extension negotiations broke down. Robinson accepted the franchise tag at $18 million on Thursday, officially bringing back him to a team that suddenly looks much different.

There's a reason players are upset. The Bears aren't moving forward with some sort of strategic rebuild. They're simply hemorrhaging talent as they head toward a must-win 2021 season.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    They've got a good center, a first round pick (Ragnow) and Taylor Decker. The rest is in flux.

My guess is they'll be looking in that direction pretty heavily in the draft.

I do think they've had some good moves so far. That worries me. Getting three firsts and a third for Stafford is impressive. Signing Williams from GB and Boyle, both solid moves. Cutting "meh" guys like Jared Davis - good moves there, too.
    Goff with that contract is an albatross. They need to get rid of him any way possible. Probably similar to the Clev/Denver NBA trade where Denver gave up a 2nd to unload a QB contract.

Vikes signed Patrick Peterson also, so they are retooling that D. Honestly, I think they will be a tough out next year... their CBs could make the Year 2 jump and their offense got better after their bye.

The Bears are a mess. If Hicks goes, that defense is in trouble. He makes a big difference in gumming up what teams want to do in the middle. Losing Fuller also hurts them, their secondary has fallen off the last few years, swapping out Callahan (who was a decent-to-good slot corner) for Skrine, and now losing Fuller and Skrine. They will be back to trotting out late round picks for Rodgers to torch, which suits me fine. Speaking of picks, do they have all their picks now after the dust from the Mack trade has settled? I can't wait to hear about the Dalton/Foles camp battles. Sounds like a lot of players aren't thrilled there, Nagy/Pace will be on the hotseat. Oh, didn't they lose their kicker again?

Lions signing Jamaal is... kind of weird. They won't bring back AP (so surprise there) but they've spent high picks on Kerryon (who I think is good if sometimes misused) and Swift. So... you have Jamaal as an overpaid RB3, or you bench Kerryon? Stafford for Goff is a downgrade IMO. Also, they don't have much at the moment for receivers. Sure feels like team blowing things up to rebuild.

Could easily see any of these teams picking a Mac Jones type QB if the top guys get taken early as expected.