Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Finally, Significant Offseason NFC North News

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    Brockers and Goff. Big Mike said some rude shit about Goff's heart when he left LaLa land, not realizing they'd be teammates in a few weeks.

No biggie, but I like that kinda shit.
    KY, it looks like another case of the new GM bringing in guys from his old organizations - I think the Leos' GM worked for Ted, and of course he came from the Rams. So he trusts the evaluations of those organizations. We'll see.

So far it does look more promising for them than the last regime. Goff is a good enough get-them-by kinda guy til they find their next QB of the future, and they get three first round picks to try to package sometime in the next couple of years to get one. Signing Boyle seems like a very solid move, too. I'm not so sure about Brockers - what did the Lions give up? Did they hand that third round pick back to the Rams?

But the bigger story might be that the new GM is cutting a lot of deadwood from that roster. No more patching and pretending they're contenders. He's building.

Whether he can draft well enough, and sign FA's in a smart manner, well, we'll see.

Maybe Kevin King will be next, on a cheap one year deal.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    Brockers and Goff. Big Mike said some rude shit about Goff's heart when he left LaLa land, not realizing they'd be teammates in a few weeks.

No biggie, but I like that kinda shit.
    That was funny - it was like a Nelson 'ha ha' moment, then ohhhhh. I picture a longest yard moment during training camp!
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

No more Trubisky to kick around in Chicago. He signed with Buffalo. As a Packer fan, I'm glad. I still think he has the potential to be a good NFL QB - thankfully, not for the Bears now.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Bears release Kyle Fuller. Would he look great opposite Alexander!!

I think Kyle fuller is a very good #2 CB.

Goff is better than trubisky unfortunately.
    All tyrannies rule through fraud and force, but once the fraud is exposed they must rely exclusively on force.

George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Upnorth View Post
    I think Kyle fuller is a very good #2 CB.

Goff is better than trubisky unfortunately.
    psst...Goff went to Detroit, not Chicago!
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    psst...Goff went to Detroit, not Chicago!
    Well that was a stunning moment of stupidity that I have now recorded on the internet...

Would you believe I ment Dalton? Who is an upgrade over trubisky but not as good as Goff.
    All tyrannies rule through fraud and force, but once the fraud is exposed they must rely exclusively on force.

George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Upnorth View Post
    Well that was a stunning moment of stupidity that I have now recorded on the internet...

Would you believe I ment Dalton? Who is an upgrade over trubisky but not as good as Goff.
    Trubisky is better than Dalton. Coaching and/or brains is his inhibiting factor.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Trubisky is better than Dalton. Coaching and/or brains is his inhibiting factor.
    Well that's an interesting thought experiment. Is old Dalton better than second contract Mitch? He certainly was better in year 5 than Mitch was in year 5, but the Red Rocket is now 33. It's a bit of a shit sandwich for Bears fans.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

I'm afraid if they sign Fuller they won't be able to afford Alexander. I hope they try it, though. Go all in for this year!! That totally changes the defense. Wasn't he an all-pro last year?

That's ridiculous. They can sign anybody that really needs to be signed, and that goes double if it's next years cap.

Upnorth, I'm puzzled by your remark. Goff may be better than Trubisky (even though I wouldn't bet on that), but it's basically irrelevant considering the teams they are and were on.

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    That's ridiculous. They can sign anybody that really needs to be signed, and that goes double if it's next years cap.

Upnorth, I'm puzzled by your remark. Goff may be better than Trubisky (even though I wouldn't bet on that), but it's basically irrelevant considering the teams they are and were on.
    Allen robison is great receiver. They have a good rb. When Goff had a true #1 he was a pretty good qb. Admittedly he was in a good system but my eyes tell me Goff is a good upgrade over trubisky. I don't think he will be 'the missing piece' but is definitely the best qb they have had in awhile.

Also if you look at next year's cap number we can't sign anyone we want. New Tv money hits 2023. Next year we will be looking at extensions and restructures all over again.
    Last edited by Upnorth; 03-19-2021 at 07:16 AM.

George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post

Not if another team offers more.

I think the signing of Jamaal Williams is an underrated sign the new regime in Detroit might know what they are doing. They got a guy who is solid in every aspect at a position that has been a revolving door for them for years. And for a reasonable of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I think the signing of Jamaal Williams is an underrated sign the new regime in Detroit might know what they are doing. They got a guy who is solid in every aspect at a position that has been a revolving door for them for years. And for a reasonable of money.
    Your new avatar has me all fucked up and confused. I see it and I think it's Mad posting. But then the posts are coherent without spelling errors and I ask myself "what's up with Mad?", then I realize it's you.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    How is the Detroit OL? I admit I don't watch them other than 2 games per year.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    How is the Detroit OL? I admit I don't watch them other than 2 games per year.
    They've got a good center, a first round pick (Ragnow) and Taylor Decker. The rest is in flux.

My guess is they'll be looking in that direction pretty heavily in the draft.

I do think they've had some good moves so far. That worries me. Getting three firsts and a third for Stafford is impressive. Signing Williams from GB and Boyle, both solid moves. Cutting "meh" guys like Jared Davis - good moves there, too.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    They've got a good center, a first round pick (Ragnow) and Taylor Decker. The rest is in flux.

My guess is they'll be looking in that direction pretty heavily in the draft.

I do think they've had some good moves so far. That worries me. Getting three firsts and a third for Stafford is impressive. Signing Williams from GB and Boyle, both solid moves. Cutting "meh" guys like Jared Davis - good moves there, too.
    Goff with that contract is an albatross. They need to get rid of him any way possible. Probably similar to the Clev/Denver NBA trade where Denver gave up a 2nd to unload a QB contract.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

I don't like Carroll either. I think he's a whiny little piss ant who steals a few calls by nagging the officials so damn much. This supposed feud between him and Wilson, though, I doubt there is much more to it than there was to the media generated bullshit of a Rodgers-LaFleur problem. My guess is Russell is still the Seattle QB this coming season.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    It would.

It now becomes clear to me, you are aroused by older naked men. Your hate for Ted and your incessant harping on his lifestyle was just a projection and the frustrated rantings of an unrequited lust/love.
    Who will love you when you’re old?.....see Musings of Polar Bear thread in FYI.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.