Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Finally, Significant Offseason NFC North News

No more Golladay in Detroit also. I don't mind seeing the Giants getting him. They ain't going anywhere anyway.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    No more Golladay in Detroit also. I don't mind seeing the Giants getting him. They ain't going anywhere anyway.
    Giants are gonna be really good. 2nd year in offense and defense schemes. Talented 3rd year QB who can throw from every platform. Defense. Offensive weapons.

OL only question mark for me
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

hahahaha Don't bet on it.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    Giants are gonna be really good. 2nd year in offense and defense schemes. Talented 3rd year QB who can throw from every platform. Defense. Offensive weapons.

OL only question mark for me
    They were pretty good last year after a terrible 0-5 start. They'll likely have the opportunity to draft one of the top OT's in the 1st round.

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    Brockers and Goff. Big Mike said some rude shit about Goff's heart when he left LaLa land, not realizing they'd be teammates in a few weeks.

No biggie, but I like that kinda shit.
    That was funny - it was like a Nelson 'ha ha' moment, then ohhhhh. I picture a longest yard moment during training camp!
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Upnorth View Post
    I think Kyle fuller is a very good #2 CB.

Goff is better than trubisky unfortunately.
    psst...Goff went to Detroit, not Chicago!
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    psst...Goff went to Detroit, not Chicago!
    Well that was a stunning moment of stupidity that I have now recorded on the internet...

Would you believe I ment Dalton? Who is an upgrade over trubisky but not as good as Goff.
    All tyrannies rule through fraud and force, but once the fraud is exposed they must rely exclusively on force.

George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Upnorth View Post
    Well that was a stunning moment of stupidity that I have now recorded on the internet...

Would you believe I ment Dalton? Who is an upgrade over trubisky but not as good as Goff.
    Trubisky is better than Dalton. Coaching and/or brains is his inhibiting factor.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Trubisky is better than Dalton. Coaching and/or brains is his inhibiting factor.
    Well that's an interesting thought experiment. Is old Dalton better than second contract Mitch? He certainly was better in year 5 than Mitch was in year 5, but the Red Rocket is now 33. It's a bit of a shit sandwich for Bears fans.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    They were pretty good last year after a terrible 0-5 start. They'll likely have the opportunity to draft one of the top OT's in the 1st round.
    My oldest son is a giants fan starting in 2007 when they beat the patriots. He was 5. Always liked football.

Anyway, I watch Giants games on game pass and follow their contracts, roster, draft position, etc. They are poised for a big run. I'm sort of hoping for an OT, but as long as it's a pro bowler I won't be too disappointed. Solder got restructured like Preston and might have one last solid year at RT in him. If they solidify that line a little Daniel Jones is going to enter into that top 10 QB conversation and it's an up era for QB play. Top 10 says something with this group.

Giants key pieces:

24 year old star to be QB
    24 year old stud DT
    23 year old stus LT

And a whole bunch of talented players overall, but hitting on those three tough to find pieces is going to bode well for their wins and losses. QB and tough to find big guys. That's a recipe.

Giants key pieces:

24 year old stud DT
    23 year old stus LT

And a whole bunch of talented players overall, but hitting on those three tough to find pieces is going to bode well for their wins and losses. QB and tough to find big guys. That's a recipe.
    You really think Jones is going to be a star? I have seen flashes, but nothing that tells me he's going to make a Josh Allen jump. He's taken an awful beating with that OL (83 sacks in 27 games) and had an 11-10 TD-Int ratio last year. Maybe it was losing Barkley, but from what I saw he looked worse last year than his rookie year and the stats back it up.

I think NYG has a bunch of holes. They can be filled, but they are at least another year away... and I say that before the draft. 2022 or 2023 could be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    You really think Jones is going to be a star? I have seen flashes, but nothing that tells me he's going to make a Josh Allen jump. He's taken an awful beating with that OL (83 sacks in 27 games) and had an 11-10 TD-Int ratio last year. Maybe it was losing Barkley, but from what I saw he looked worse last year than his rookie year and the stats back it up.

I think NYG has a bunch of holes. They can be filled, but they are at least another year away... and I say that before the draft. 2022 or 2023 could be interesting.
    I really do think he's a star. The OL has let him down badly for two years straight. I don't blame a QB who's instantly pummeled. But when he has any amount of time, even if he has to throw falling away or run, I mean even the least amount of inadequate time, he's accurate and decisive. Huge arm, all platforms including on the run, fast, athletic, gritty. He's everything. I'll bet on him all day long. Danny Dimes, a star.

I really do think he's a star. The OL has let him down badly for two years straight. I don't blame a QB who's instantly pummeled. But when he has any amount of time, even if he has to throw falling away or run, I mean even the least amount of inadequate time, he's accurate and decisive. Huge arm, all platforms including on the run, fast, athletic, gritty. He's everything. I'll bet on him all day long. Danny Dimes, a star.
    I've watched much, much of the NYG than you, so good to know. Tough for a lot of these high draft QBs because they usually go to crappy teams with porous OL, and have to develop while not getting killed. Hey, at least they get paid millions of dollars.
    Seriously, I think some of these guys could do much better if they were in stable scenarios or given more time to sit and learn, but the pressure to get on the field right away is so high.

Giants key pieces:

24 year old stud DT
    23 year old stus LT

After the Giants win one and then pay Jones only to be consistently good for the next decade Giants fans will scream OMG WE WASTED JONES CAREER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    I've watched much, much of the NYG than you, so good to know. Tough for a lot of these high draft QBs because they usually go to crappy teams with porous OL, and have to develop while not getting killed. Hey, at least they get paid millions of dollars.
    Seriously, I think some of these guys could do much better if they were in stable scenarios or given more time to sit and learn, but the pressure to get on the field right away is so high.
    I was kind of shocked at the Bengals moves. They have an emerging absolute stud in Burrow who they let get abused and injured. Then with money under the cap they sign a RT that isn't even that good. Their LT should be playing RT or G. There were guys out there to play LT like Trent Williams. And with the 5 pick they could get a RT. Not sure their is a stud LT to be had in this draft. Several good RT though.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    I was kind of shocked at the Bengals moves. They have an emerging absolute stud in Burrow who they let get abused and injured. Then with money under the cap they sign a RT that isn't even that good. Their LT should be playing RT or G. There were guys out there to play LT like Trent Williams. And with the 5 pick they could get a RT. Not sure their is a stud LT to be had in this draft. Several good RT though.
    They might get lucky and have Penei Sewell drop to them at #5. A lot of people think he's good enough to be the first non-QB drafted.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    They might get lucky and have Penei Sewell drop to them at #5. A lot of people think he's good enough to be the first non-QB drafted.
    Real lucky. He is the only T I like at LT, and to be honest, he was such a mauler in the run game I honestly wouldn't be shocked if the Jets stay at 2 and take him. Flower's brother is the OC now, and Saleh is the coach. They value guys like that. I think Darnold will get another chance cuz...Gates.

King resigns with Packers
    1 year 6 million

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkey View Post
    King resigns with Packers
    1 year 6 million
    Fuck!

Over 8 million frogskins for King and O’Sullivan. Packers could get the same output as the two aforementioned milksops by signing a couple of corners off the streets of Baltimore for the minimum-wage.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.