Thread: Maybe we (and the NFL) SHOULD have more appreciation for Joe Whitt

Maybe we (and the NFL) SHOULD have more appreciation for Joe Whitt

I never really thought about it in detail, but this summarizes the task he had last year:

Said Whitt in mid-December: "There's seven guys in my room, and five of them are first- or second-year guys. Then you have (Damarious Randall) who was a baseball player, (Quinten Rollins) was a basketball player, (Demetri Goodson) was a basketball player, (Robertson Daniel) played safety. They're new to the position, so I know why they're quiet because they're trying to learn."

I think he is very good. But I also think this is where T2's athleticism focus has some pretty direct correlation. I am not surprised Ted finds Joe some good, yet unknown, prospects to mold.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    It seems a safe bet the Packers view Whitt as a remarkable coach to the degree that his coaching is a tactical advantage.

What he did with Sam Shields is remarkable as well.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Yes I am shocked someone else hasn't snatched him up yet.

Does he have one of those assistant head coach titles that would mean he could only leave to become head coach? If not, then it is surprising that he hasn't been looked at for DC rolls yet.

I can't seem to recall any posts here calling for his head or saying what an incompetent idiot he is. If that is not the pinnacle of coaching respect and appreciation around here, I don't know what is.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    I don't know anything about Whitt, but there are position coaches who don't have any desire to be a coordinator or HC.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    Does he have one of those assistant head coach titles that would mean he could only leave to become head coach? If not, then it is surprising that he hasn't been looked at for DC rolls yet.

I can't seem to recall any posts here calling for his head or saying what an incompetent idiot he is. If that is not the pinnacle of coaching respect and appreciation around here, I don't know what is.
    All assistants can be blocked from any exterior interview except for head coach. A position coach can be blocked from a coordinator role at whim. That's why Ben McAdoo elected to not resign his contract and let it run out so he had a shot at a coordinator position elsewhere.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Would love to have seen tanner mcevoy come to the pack...

The Whitt era of DBs has been very refreshing since the Schottenheimer debacle.