Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Is WR Davante Adams a prime candidate among NFL team Vets to be cut during TC?

Is WR Davante Adams a prime candidate among NFL team Vets to be cut during TC?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...m_campaign=nfl

Early Predictions for This Year's Most Surprising NFL Veteran Roster Cuts

By Kristopher Knox , Featured Columnist May 10, 2016

BY: Paul Sancya/Associated Press

Packers receiver Davante Adams is one of several veterans who could be released before the start of the 2016 season.

Comment woodbuck27:

Has it gone so south for Davante Adams? I hope stuff like this article encourage him to be much better this season.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

There is no way we are giving up on Adams unless he plays even worse this summer but I doubt it. Last year he tried to play on a bum ankle. Yes, he had the drops but so did Jordy in his sophomore season.

What I found interesting in that Bleacher Report article was how disappointing House was in Jax last year. I guess it was wise of us to let him walk.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    cut the f'er
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Generally, high round draft picks who don't last for their original contract play poorly in both practices and games. That hasn't been the case with Adams. When you consider also that he had a solid rookie year, it seems doubtful that they wouldn't give him this season to show in games what he has in practices.

No.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

If you don't cut him it sends a message to the rest of the team that getting injured is OK.

It's bleacher report. That's really all you need to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    It's bleacher report. That's really all you need to know.
    +1, I was going to mention that. Add on the comment about House playing poorly...would that be same guy that broke the Jax single season record to pass deflections with 26?
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

I never liked Adams. It's a matter of numbers now, assuming this Davis amounts to something, and if somebody has to go, I'd much rather it be Adams than any of the others.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    If you don't cut him it sends a message to the rest of the team that getting injured is OK.
    His hands were injured?

Quote Originally Posted by yetisnowman View Post
    His hands were injured?
    Was he injured?
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Was he injured?

You made the comment about being injured....maybe i misunderstood.

You made the comment about being injured....maybe i misunderstood.
    possibly. I suspect more that your focus was very very narrow. You were looking so so hard and long at his fingers and hands that perhaps you didn't recognize that his ankles were screwed up.

If everyone is healthy, the last spot is likely to come down to Adams vs Abby. If Adams shows his problems last year were due to bum ankles, he will make it. Janis could be on the bubble if he shows his limited time last year was not due to inadequate coaching, but due to a fundamental inability to grasp the offense or run good routes.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

possibly. I suspect more that your focus was very very narrow. You were looking so so hard and long at his fingers and hands that perhaps you didn't recognize that his ankles were screwed up.
    if his only problem was getting open, I would accept that excuse. Many others will always disagree with my premise that bad ankles don't lead to drops. Just as strained calfs don't force you to throw jumpballs towards Richard Sherman, etc, etc, etc....
    The guy finally made a few plays in the playoff game, and promptly got hurt.
    I worry Davante is psychologically rattled at this point.

if his only problem was getting open, I would accept that excuse. Many others will always disagree with my premise that bad ankles don't lead to drops. Just as strained calfs don't force you to throw jumpballs towards Richard Sherman, etc, etc, etc....
    The guy finally made a few plays in the playoff game, and promptly got hurt.
    I worry Davante is psychologically rattled at this point.
    Could be. I see the injuries as a factor, but it's only part of the story. Hope he bounces back because he has a lot of qualities you like in a WR. I also think there's a chance Monty will not be ready, so they probably will need him, at least for a time.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    To early to tell, but from what I've seen on film of Davis, I'd keep him instead of Abby or Adams, if it comes down to that. Abby is slow and one hit in the head away from an ended career. Adams flashes but is neither fast nor big-play explosive. Davis has speed and big play ability. We'll see.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    To early to tell, but from what I've seen on film of Davis, I'd keep him instead of Abby or Adams, if it comes down to that. Abby is slow and one hit in the head away from an ended career. Adams flashes but is neither fast nor big-play explosive. Davis has speed and big play ability. We'll see.
    Everyone said the same thing about James Jones early in his career. I think 90% of Adams' issues last year were right between the ears. If he can get his confidence back he'll be a player.

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    If everyone is healthy, the last spot is likely to come down to Adams vs Abby. If Adams shows his problems last year were due to bum ankles, he will make it. Janis could be on the bubble if he shows his limited time last year was not due to inadequate coaching, but due to a fundamental inability to grasp the offense or run good routes.
    I think Janis would have to stumble big to not make the roster. Besides the potential he showed as a WR, he also has a ton of special teams quality. They might give him another year to develop, but I see this next year (his third) as being roughly equivalent to another player's second year. So I expect the WR jump to happen this year.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Better protection will make Rodgers more accurate again and will solve a lot of problems with the receivers.

I think Janis is in more danger than Adams. The coaches didn't trust Janis to run the play calls last year and he flashed only when they were playing playground ball. This is Year 3 for him. He needs to learn how to run the offense and its routes. They don't like to let athletes go, but McCarthy is not going to want to keep a guy who cannot be trusted to run the play.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.