Thread: Official Weather For the Queens Game Thread

Official Weather For the Queens Game Thread

Ask requested - here is the latest weather for the game Sunday night. I will post additional updates through the week under this thread.

Model 1: 6 PM 10 degrees 10 PM: 5 degrees: Winds 0 -5 mph, No precipitation

Model 2: 6 PM 8 degrees 10 PM: 3 degrees: Winds 10 mph decreasing to 5 mph, No precipitation

Mad, this guy needs a Rat-handle.

'Weather Rat' or something.

Thanks man! Good stuff!

I am happy to have found this forum.

Also - Weather Rat sounds good to me!

We are glad you are here!

Here is the updated forecast for Sunday's game.

Guidance has come in agreement. Here is the official forecast as of today. Here is also my standard meteorologist disclaimer = we are still 4 days out, so there could be some tweets the the forecast between now and then.

6 PM 6 degrees (Feels like: -8F) Winds 5 -10 mph, No precipitation

10 PM: 4 degrees (Feels like: -10F): Winds 5-10 -5 mph, No precipitation

This goes into the positive side of the leger for the Packers in my opinion.

Our guys practice in it and are used to the clothing and cleats. I have to think the advantage leans our way. But Covid isn’t leaning our way. The only positive is about half the team has had it so we shouldn’t see as many as some other teams. Dallas doesn’t seem to be hit. They could get it in the playoffs.

If the team was going to get it, which they were - now is better the playoffs. with that said, I hope it does not cost us the bye - because that is really important for this team. If they can just pull it out.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Next time the Packers ask humble taxpayers such as myself and Harrell (aka, RashanGary) to fund another luxurious stadium, a roof should be included with said stadium.

I know, people have fondnesses for the “Frozen Tundra,” but there’s no such thing as that anymore, as the field of Lambeau Field is heated on game days. However, paying fans still have to suffer through the bitter cold. There’s no heat in the stand nor in the stadium concourse. Since I’m paying $200 of my hard-earned minimum-wage income to watch a bunch of men run around, I’d like a comfortable seat, please.

Ask any Queens fan if they miss the bitter cold.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Those coils have been there since Lombardi, and at least once, famously, they didn't work. Also, playing in the cold is about a helluva lot more than a frozen or cold field. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think you - from the Milwaukee area - paid for the stadium improvements. Wasn't it a county level property tax thing? Do you not see a bit of a contradiction between talking about "another" luxurious stadium - like Lambeau is one - and the hard backless seat your ass sits on?
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    Those coils have been there since Lombardi, and at least once, famously, they didn't work. Also, playing in the cold is about a helluva lot more than a frozen or cold field. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think you - from the Milwaukee area - paid for the stadium improvements. Wasn't it a county level property tax thing? Do you not see a bit of a contradiction between talking about "another" luxurious stadium - like Lambeau is one - and the hard backless seat your ass sits on?
    I actually live and flip burgers in the cold, dark and dull city of Appleton. Wanna get the fuck out. Nobody would hire me elsewhere, unfortunately.

The last Lambeau Field renovation was mostly funded via taxes from Brown County. Odds are good, however, the next time the Packers “need” a new stadium, the entire state will have to fund it.

I was at the Seafucks-Packers snowstorm Divisional game back in 2008. Shoes got wet; felt miserable all game. The next stadium, I’d be jolly with a roof and single seats (the current aluminum bleachers aren’t too comfy).
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

It’s cold right now in Green Bay. Looks like single digits with low wind for tomorrow. Hopefully the MVP has a big game and moves up the rankings.

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    It’s cold right now in Green Bay. Looks like single digits with low wind for tomorrow. Hopefully the MVP has a big game and moves up the rankings.
    Winds are going to be around 5 mph - so they wont be a problem at all. The "feels likes" temperature will be -5 give or take a couple of degrees. All systems go for a QB that can handle the cold.

Quote Originally Posted by kcpackman View Post
    Winds are going to be around 5 mph - so they wont be a problem at all. The "feels likes" temperature will be -5 give or take a couple of degrees. All systems go for a QB that can handle the cold.
    Sean Mannion has started 2 games in his career. One in LA on 2017 and one on Minnesota's dome in 2019.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen