Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Is WR Davante Adams a prime candidate among NFL team Vets to be cut during TC?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    By screwed up for Adams, I am assuming you mean ran the right route, got open and dropped the ball.

By perfect for Janis, I am assuming you mean can only run a jump ball pattern correctly.

If that is what you meant we are in total agreement.
    Fixed it for you.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    By screwed up for Adams, I am assuming you mean ran the right route, got open and dropped the ball.

By perfect for Janis, I am assuming you mean can only run a fly pattern correctly.

If that is what you meant we are in total agreement.
    No, I don't mean just that at all. I mean the time Adams stopped his route and caused an interception, the time he didn't fight to keep his crossing route route in front of the DB, but gave the inside to the DB rather easily and again caused an interception (I think), etc. Adams screwed up a lot more than just dropping balls last year, but there were enough of the dropped balls too to justify giving someone else a few plays in his place .

I'm not suggesting that either Abbrederis or Janis should replace Adams, nor that either one should have played a lot. It just became frustrating that not much on offense was working, yet MM seemed unwilling to go beyond Cobb, Jones and Adams even after Montgomery was out and Jones was hurting. It was mostly an adventure when Janis went deep (he circled one like water in a drain), but two receptions for 79 yards in the regular season plus a couple long PI calls made it seem like trying another now and then couldn't have hurt anything. The offense was mostly in neutral anyway. A couple plays a game is all I wanted to see, even if they didn't throw to him on very many of them.

If they couldn't prepare him for at least a couple plays each game, either he should not be on the roster at all, or the WR noncoaching arrangement was a bigger fail than we even know.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Not only are the Packers going to keep Adams, but they are going to innovate with the 6 wide package, pulling a crafty Beliciheat and designating one as ineligible just before the snap:

Under NFL rules the offense effectively has to have five players on the line of scrimmage who are ineligible to catch a pass. Normally, these five players are the offensive linemen, and they're stacked together in the middle of the field.

The Patriots didn't do that on those three plays. They used four clearly identifiable offensive linemen and had another player who was lined up in a different part of the formation declare himself as the fifth ineligible player.

The problem: The Ravens didn't know who that ineligible player would be until the referee announced it a few seconds before the play started. The Patriots were basically playing hide-and-seek with which receivers were eligible and which were linemen disguised as receivers.

After the game, Ravens coach John Harbaugh objected to the tactic, saying, "It was clearly deception."

Bill Belichick got to the heart of that deception when he said, "We had six eligible receivers on the field, but only five were eligible."
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    If there was anyone who gave the passing game a lift this last year it was James Jones. Couldn't get separation but could catch the ball.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    I'm more a fan of Montgomery than I am of Janis. I don't hate Janis, just like Montgomery's potential more. He was able to get lined up in the backfield a la Cobb and create mismatches. He also showed some ability to get open, which I hadn't seen from Janis yet.

I think they keep 6 WRs and assuming they are all healthy, Abby is the odd man out.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    I'm more a fan of Montgomery than I am of Janis. I don't hate Janis, just like Montgomery's potential more. He was able to get lined up in the backfield a la Cobb and create mismatches. He also showed some ability to get open, which I hadn't seen from Janis yet.

I think they keep 6 WRs and assuming they are all healthy, Abby is the odd man out.
    This is where I'm at.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

As was pointed out before, Schroeder has the ST card, which we need. That alone gets him a roster spot.

Unless Adams totally shits the bed, Abby is odd man out.

Abby still has PS eligibility, no?

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    As was pointed out before, Schroeder has the ST card, which we need. That alone gets him a roster spot.

Unless Adams totally shits the bed, Abby is odd man out.

Abby still has PS eligibility, no?
    I think you have the wrong white WR.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

^ Mad has wired the site to change Janis to Schroeder.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    ^ Mad has wired the site to change Janis to Schroeder.
    liar!
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

I can think of a bunch of reasons Janis should be dropped. He is not a proficient wide receiver. However, the dude always finds a way to make huge plays. It's hard to not justify a roster spot for a guy like that.

Quote Originally Posted by yetisnowman View Post
    I can think of a bunch of reasons Janis should be dropped. He is not a proficient wide receiver. However, the dude always finds a way to make huge plays. It's hard to not justify a roster spot for a guy like that.
    He does have the speed to help ST out, especially on coverage units. So that gives him a pretty big lift that the others don't get.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Haha! Bashing that slacker admin? You will fit right in!

Welcome.

Abby isn't a slow as some are suggesting. I know 40 times are not the be all/end all but what else can we use for comparison? Both Abby and Jordy's 40 are virtually identical.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Abby isn't a slow as some are suggesting. I know 40 times are not the be all/end all but what else can we use for comparison? Both Abby and Jordy's 40 are virtually identical.
    I think his lack of size and durability questions hurt him more.

Ah, we all know someone will get hurt anyway so all this will be a moot point.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

“The first thing that jumps out at you,” McCarthy said, “is his speed. And his hands.”

It sounds like the second thing that jumps out at you are his hands.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    “The first thing that jumps out at you,” McCarthy said, “is his speed. And his hands.”

It sounds like the second thing that jumps out at you are his hands.
    Our chief weapon are fear and surprise!

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Our chief weapon are fear and surprise!

Amongst his weaponry are speed and hands, and an almost ruthless devotion to the pope.

For some historical perspective, here is a rookie camp article about another slightly built GB Packer draft pick in 1999, Donald Driver:

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/189735661.html

They list him at 180 lbs, various lists and rosters at the time listed him at 180-188.

Recently, of course, there is Abbrederis as a very slightly built receiver. A big difference I see is in musculature. Davis out ran and out jumped Abbrederis by quite a bit, and beat him on the bench press 11 reps to 4. I can't find anything on Driver, except of course that he was world class in high jump, long jump and triple jump in college.

(Edit: I meant to post the above in the thread about Davis, but accidentally posted it here. It seems relevant, so I will leave it in both)
    Last edited by Patler; 05-13-2016 at 12:26 PM.