Thread: Finish the sentence: Packers win the Super Bowl if...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I think in that Seattle game MM was trying that whole "impose our will on you" thing we fans get such a boner about - those runs over and over at the goal line. Maybe a more wet vaginal approach would've worked better.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    I think in that Seattle game MM was trying that whole "impose our will on you" thing we fans get such a boner about - those runs over and over at the goal line. Maybe a more wet vaginal approach would've worked better.
    Of course having a gimpy QB in that game limited our playbook to an extent.

You could have used a different metaphor than a wet vagina ya know.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Of course having a gimpy QB in that game limited our playbook to an extent.

You could have used a different metaphor than a wet vagina ya know.
    Well, I think part of this mostly-male desire to "impose your will" comes in part out of some notion that it's more masculine than passing the ball and using more skill instead of force, so to speak. So the wet vagina metaphor seemed to me to be appropriate to my point.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Well, I think part of this mostly-male desire to "impose your will" comes in part out of some notion that it's more masculine than passing the ball and using more skill instead of force, so to speak. So the wet vagina metaphor seemed to me to be appropriate to my point.
    I get that. Perhaps I was being a little thin skinned last night...

I thought he used that line of thinking to defend his decision making. Remember, despite giving some indication he had altered his thinking, he later doubled down on the approach later that offseason. But its not his normal MO when constructing his offense or game plan.

I think he is aware of late game situations where the team in the lead that uses up clock are normally successful. But his data or conclusions are too limited since it is taking him offense away from the things it does well too soon. You need possessions AND clock. Without first downs, the possession is devalued.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I thought he used that line of thinking to defend his decision making. Remember, despite giving some indication he had altered his thinking, he later doubled down on the approach later that offseason. But its not his normal MO when constructing his offense or game plan.

I think he is aware of late game situations where the team in the lead that uses up clock are normally successful. But his data or conclusions are too limited since it is taking him offense away from the things it does well too soon. You need possessions AND clock. Without first downs, the possession is devalued.
    +1
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post

So . . . Go into the four minute offense when there are two-and-a-half minutes left?

KYPack

So . . . Go into the four minute offense when there are two-and-a-half minutes left?
    Depends on timeouts and score. FG or less and they have 2 or 3 TO? Forget the 4 minute offense.

Touchdown or less and they have 2 or 3 TO? Its a one possession game and you need to give you defense some help. Either clock or field position. I would forget it under this scenario.

9 to 16 point lead and 2 or 3 TO? Now this is tougher. I want more first downs. The more their D crowds the line to stymie your short game, the better your odds of a mid range completion. But this depends on lot on you offense. I would let the team's own numbers decide this one.

Prior to that, the 4 minute offense (what we start to see past midway point of fourth Qtr with good lead) for me would be a tempo to eat as much clock with little concern for going deep and emphasizing completions. It would like like a goal line offense with multiple receivers and always have at least one back. Might put both in the make the D lean run. If its Lacy and Ripper, both could either block or catch.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.