Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Finish the sentence: Packers win the Super Bowl if...

Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    I already like you. I think you're going to fit right in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clayish View Post
    Thank you, friend. There are certainly some characters on here.
    "Like"????
    "Friend"????
    What ever happened to our mandatory hazing period for newbies??

Smidgeon; If we aren't careful, Clayish will grow up being soft and feeling entitled as a poster. He may not be tough enough to survive a season.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    "Like"????
    "Friend"????
    What ever happened to our mandatory hazing period for newbies??

Smidgeon; If we aren't careful, Clayish will grow up being soft and feeling entitled as a poster. He may not be tough enough to survive a season.
    Yeah, but hopefully by then he'll be invested enough to not realize he can't get out anymore.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    We did?
    Might have been just me. That game was the definition of a lost opportunity. Proved a lot of critics wrong and was one step away from me getting to argue about a dynasty.

And I am not sure McCarthy has shown he has come to terms with his poor tactics late in the game.

Though it did get Slocum shoved out the door.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I thought we agreed to not talk about Seattle anymore?
    Talk about what?
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Might have been just me. That game was the definition of a lost opportunity. Proved a lot of critics wrong and was one step away from me getting to argue about a dynasty.

And I am not sure McCarthy has shown he has come to terms with his poor tactics late in the game.

Though it did get Slocum shoved out the door.
    Mike did try to shake things up in the assistant coaching ranks and yielded the playcalling so he could become more involved in the other aspects of the team so he tried to fix those issues late in that game. I do think he over-reacted because he ultimately had to take back the playcalling duties and hire a new WR coach and not give Van Pelt both the WR and QB jobs. These 2 offseason moves from last year were greatly responsible for some of our offensive struggles last season IMO.

Mike did try to shake things up in the assistant coaching ranks and yielded the playcalling so he could become more involved in the other aspects of the team so he tried to fix those issues late in that game. I do think he over-reacted because he ultimately had to take back the playcalling duties and hire a new WR coach and not give Van Pelt both the WR and QB jobs. These 2 offseason moves from last year were greatly responsible for some of our offensive struggles last season IMO.
    He did over react but more disconcerting was that I am not sure he changed his approach to 4 minute offense at all.

He has to stop taking the ball out of his best players hands until 3 runs for no gain actually close out the game without another ST play.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Clayish View Post
    This thread made me make an account after being a lurker hahahah.

Some of you are WILDLY negative, it's hysterical.
    STFU Noob.

When we want your opinion, we will tell you what it is.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    He did over react but more disconcerting was that I am not sure he changed his approach to 4 minute offense at all.

He has to stop taking the ball out of his best players hands until 3 runs for no gain actually close out the game without another ST play.
    Except in the ARI-GB game going for the throat cost ARI the win in regulation during the 4 minute offense phase.

I still think the calls at the end of the Sea game were correct. Everything that could go wrong did. Now we have an award for stupid plays on this site because of it.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Either MM has to change his approach to the 4 minute offense, or the O-line has to block better and Lacy has to run tougher in the last four minutes. I'll take either one.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Except in the ARI-GB game going for the throat cost ARI the win in regulation during the 4 minute offense phase.

I still think the calls at the end of the Sea game were correct. Everything that could go wrong did. Now we have an award for stupid plays on this site because of it.
    There is no option that is a guarantee. But when you cannot run out the clock, then you have to find a way to get first downs. You do your team and defense no favors by shutting Rodgers out.

He makes far better decisions than Palmer does normally.

And this doesn't even cover the two early FG attempts.

I think in that Seattle game MM was trying that whole "impose our will on you" thing we fans get such a boner about - those runs over and over at the goal line. Maybe a more wet vaginal approach would've worked better.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    I think in that Seattle game MM was trying that whole "impose our will on you" thing we fans get such a boner about - those runs over and over at the goal line. Maybe a more wet vaginal approach would've worked better.
    Of course having a gimpy QB in that game limited our playbook to an extent.

You could have used a different metaphor than a wet vagina ya know.

Of course having a gimpy QB in that game limited our playbook to an extent.

You could have used a different metaphor than a wet vagina ya know.
    Well, I think part of this mostly-male desire to "impose your will" comes in part out of some notion that it's more masculine than passing the ball and using more skill instead of force, so to speak. So the wet vagina metaphor seemed to me to be appropriate to my point.

KYPack

Well, I think part of this mostly-male desire to "impose your will" comes in part out of some notion that it's more masculine than passing the ball and using more skill instead of force, so to speak. So the wet vagina metaphor seemed to me to be appropriate to my point.
    I get that. Perhaps I was being a little thin skinned last night...

I thought he used that line of thinking to defend his decision making. Remember, despite giving some indication he had altered his thinking, he later doubled down on the approach later that offseason. But its not his normal MO when constructing his offense or game plan.

I think he is aware of late game situations where the team in the lead that uses up clock are normally successful. But his data or conclusions are too limited since it is taking him offense away from the things it does well too soon. You need possessions AND clock. Without first downs, the possession is devalued.

If Trump allows it the Packers win.
    C.H.U.D.

From a tactical perspective that makes sense. But somehow some folks seem to find it more satisfying to run the ball down the other team's throat than pass for first downs and run it out that way.

To me as long as you complete the pass and stay inbounds the clock runs, so who cares how you keep Th click moving?

KYPack

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    I thought he used that line of thinking to defend his decision making. Remember, despite giving some indication he had altered his thinking, he later doubled down on the approach later that offseason. But its not his normal MO when constructing his offense or game plan.

I think he is aware of late game situations where the team in the lead that uses up clock are normally successful. But his data or conclusions are too limited since it is taking him offense away from the things it does well too soon. You need possessions AND clock. Without first downs, the possession is devalued.
    +1
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

So . . . Go into the four minute offense when there are two-and-a-half minutes left?

KYPack

So . . . Go into the four minute offense when there are two-and-a-half minutes left?
    Depends on timeouts and score. FG or less and they have 2 or 3 TO? Forget the 4 minute offense.

Touchdown or less and they have 2 or 3 TO? Its a one possession game and you need to give you defense some help. Either clock or field position. I would forget it under this scenario.

9 to 16 point lead and 2 or 3 TO? Now this is tougher. I want more first downs. The more their D crowds the line to stymie your short game, the better your odds of a mid range completion. But this depends on lot on you offense. I would let the team's own numbers decide this one.

Prior to that, the 4 minute offense (what we start to see past midway point of fourth Qtr with good lead) for me would be a tempo to eat as much clock with little concern for going deep and emphasizing completions. It would like like a goal line offense with multiple receivers and always have at least one back. Might put both in the make the D lean run. If its Lacy and Ripper, both could either block or catch.