Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
So . . . Go into the four minute offense when there are two-and-a-half minutes left?
Depends on timeouts and score. FG or less and they have 2 or 3 TO? Forget the 4 minute offense.

Touchdown or less and they have 2 or 3 TO? Its a one possession game and you need to give you defense some help. Either clock or field position. I would forget it under this scenario.

9 to 16 point lead and 2 or 3 TO? Now this is tougher. I want more first downs. The more their D crowds the line to stymie your short game, the better your odds of a mid range completion. But this depends on lot on you offense. I would let the team's own numbers decide this one.

Prior to that, the 4 minute offense (what we start to see past midway point of fourth Qtr with good lead) for me would be a tempo to eat as much clock with little concern for going deep and emphasizing completions. It would like like a goal line offense with multiple receivers and always have at least one back. Might put both in the make the D lean run. If its Lacy and Ripper, both could either block or catch.