Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Finish the sentence: Packers win the Super Bowl if...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    I'm a self admitted Adams fan but wishing a Packer gets hurt is a cowardly, punkass, low thing to say much less wish.
    Mad, you are right...don't want to wish injury.....I think he really means to say...............

Devonte Adams......is CUT

I'll second that..
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Mad, you are right...don't want to wish injury.....I think he really means to say...............

Devonte Adams......is CUT

I'll second that..
    I have to pat more attention to Devonte Adams.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    If Seattle, Carolina, Arizona, Minnesota, New England, and Denver all take a dump.

We simply don't have the overall talent those teams do... TT being the greatest GM in the history of the league notwithstanding
    Then I guess we should forfeit the season seeing we have no chance against these teams and go for the #1 pick in the 2017 draft. With any luck TT and McCarthy will get their walking papers and we can start over before Rodgers retires.

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    Easy answer to the question:

Yoko dumps Rodgers for some Hollywood Dbag and he takes it out on the NFL.
    Repped!

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Then I guess we should forfeit the season seeing we have no chance against these teams and go for the #1 pick in the 2017 draft. With any luck TT and McCarthy will get their walking papers and we can start over before Rodgers retires.
    I expect a repeat of last year for the most part.

Hopefully the offense will be better with Jordy back, but will it be enough to up end those other teams?? I doubt it...

Minnesota won the division last year - and deserved to win the division. It wasn't a fluke.

Is anyone on here prepared to argue that we're better than Carolina??

Minnesota, Detroit, and Chicago all beat us at home; Arizona stomped us 38-8 in the regular season, and then ended our season in embarrassing fashion; after the bye we went 4-6, and looked generally terrible doing it...

I don't think we've improved this year over last, at least not enough to get us over - as I said, hopefully on offense, but I also think we take might take a step or two back on defense.

------------------------------------------------------------------

9-7, 10-6 with an early playoff exit seems likely again.
    wist

I'll take Green Bay to win the division. I think the offense will rebound with Jordy and Montgomery back, Adams healthy, Cook added, and hopefully a healthier and/or deeper OL.

I've been going over rosters, and Seattle has some glaring holes. They will likely have 3 new OL. One of them is J'Marcus Webb. The other two will be rookies that I considered raw (Ifedi, Odhiambo) or a decent backup last year. The two holdovers, Garry Gilliam and Justin Britt, are moving to new positions. Gilliam was a below average RT and he's moving to LT. Britt was probably their best OL, and you'd classify him as slightly above average. He's moving to OC. They've lost Marshawn Lynch. Thomas Rawls and Jimmy Graham are coming off serious injuries and are iffy for week 1. They'll still be tough to beat because they have Russell Wilson and a great defense, but the defense has lost some good players the last couple of years (Bruce Irvin this year). Their depth is lacking (except on the DL), so there's little competition. Their backup QB is UDFA Trevone Boykin. Provided Carson Palmer stays healthy, I think Arizona will win that division again. Carolina is due for a hangover season. My early prediction is Arizona to win the NFC, Green Bay to win the division and contend, Minnesota to get a playoff spot. They are solid. I just don't like their QB much.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Blog Entries
    Harv bringing the goods like usual.

This is a statement year for the Pack. If they go 9-7 (I don't see that at all APRH) I'd look for some fairly serious change.

Losses: B.J. Raji
    Gains: Nelson, Cook, Monty, hopefully a revitalized Lacy, a healthy Cobb & Adams, Barrington, the first-second year development of the young and gifted defensive backs and Ryan, new young talent to add depth an numerous positions of need...

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post

This is a statement year for the Pack. If they go 9-7 (I don't see that at all APRH) I'd look for some fairly serious change.

Gains: Nelson, Cook, Monty, hopefully a revitalized Lacy, a healthy Cobb & Adams, Barrington, the first-second year development of the young and gifted defensive backs and Ryan, new young talent to add depth an numerous positions of need...
    You have to include Neal and Hayward as losses. Both played a lot. Jones was their leading receiver in both yards and TDs. While he doesn't feel like much of a loss, he has to be included. For that matter, Kuhn should be included, too. GB does uses a FB often, and Ripkowski played only a handful of plays.

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar

Good call on Lacy, Vince. No predictions, just hope, that in a contract year he can come back more svelte and speedy, a la Le'Veon Bell after his rookie season. They are not the same back, but I still think Lacy's footwork is good enough that with a reconditioned body, and being hungry, in a different way, for a big pay day, I think he can be a key component. Lacy effort can help win the down and distance battle and keep the defense guessing on third and manageable.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

I see basically everything on offense being better. Better speed at WR and TE, better productivity at RB with a more svelte Lacy. Also, MM taking over the offense after delegating too much to assistants will be a big improvement. All this should help Rodgers return to his previous form.

On defense, Raji is a loss, but Clark should be able to help there. The secondary should be better because the rookies they relied extensively last year aren't rookies anymore. The linebacker situation is a little unsettled, but adding Martinez and getting back Barrington helps at ILB. Overall, not a ton of difference than last year.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    You have to include Neal and Hayward as losses. Both played a lot. Jones was their leading receiver in both yards and TDs. While he doesn't feel like much of a loss, he has to be included. For that matter, Kuhn should be included, too. GB does uses a FB often, and Ripkowski played only a handful of plays.
    The only way Neal is a loss is if Perry goes down - which is obviously a possibility. Hayward contributed very little last year - nothing I'd say - that his replacement isn't almost a certainty to fulfill - at far lower cost.

I don't see how any of those guys mentioned are realistically losses at this point. In all of those cases, I'd say the odds are high that the guy who takes those snaps (APRH again) brings equal or greater value.

I pretty much agree with Vince. Not all departures are losses. I think TT does a pretty good job of figuring out who to keep and who to let go.

The only way Neal is a loss is if Perry goes down - which is obviously a possibility. Hayward contributed very little last year - nothing I'd say - that his replacement isn't almost a certainty to fulfill - at far lower cost.

I don't see how any of those guys mentioned are realistically losses at this point. In all of those cases, I'd say the odds are high that the guy who takes those snaps (APRH again) brings equal or greater value.
    I misunderstood. I thought your lists were quantitative identifications of loses and gains, not a qualitative analysis.

Following your initial comment, if Lacy is listed as "hopefully" a gain, Neal and Hayward should be identified as "hopefully" not losses. Hayward was the nickel back, his replacement (Rollins?) is unproven. Didn't one of the advanced stats sites have Hayward among the league leaders in some metric, QB rating against, or something like that? About Neal I am undecided; however, he was the starter even in Perry's healthiest year so far. I liked how Perry played in the playoffs, but I'm not sure we can assume Neal won't be missed..

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Listening to national talk radio last week and they thought the teams most likely not to repeat as division champs were MN and Wash.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Listening to national talk radio last week and they thought the teams most likely not to repeat as division champs were MN and Wash.
    Ya, I'm not ready to concede the division to MN. I think they will be a good team, but I'm not sure it will be more than "good". In 2015, their opponents out gained them in yardage, had more offensive plays, and while trailing in rushing yardage, their opponents averaged a solid 4.3/carry. There was and is a lot of hype about Stefon Diggs, but he remains unproven in my opinion. I think he sort of took people by surprise, with 25 of his 52 receptions for the year coming in the first four games that he played, and in those games he had 419 of his 720 yards. I'm not suggesting that he will bust by any means, but I'm not yet worried about playing against him. The same with Bridgewater. Bridgewater has been solid, but Peterson is what makes their offense go.

APRH, Perry can definitely be better than Neal on the LOS. However, I would love to have Elliot develop into Neal lite, for backup and flexibility in coverage. Not to mention he has good hands in the pass rush.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    APRH, Perry can definitely be better than Neal on the LOS. However, I would love to have Elliot develop into Neal lite, for backup and flexibility in coverage. Not to mention he has good hands in the pass rush.
    The main thing Perry has to do is stay healthy. I think the rest for him will follow if he just stays healthy.

The Packers will win the Super Bowl if....................Brett takes over at QB.
    Brett Hundley, that is!

JUST KIDDING!!!!

(Patler ducks for cover)

Seriously, I hope the QB formerly know as Aaron Rodgers, NFL MVP, returns to play for the Packers.
    I didn't much like the imposter who played last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Ya, I'm not ready to concede the division to MN. I think they will be a good team, but I'm not sure it will be more than "good". In 2015, their opponents out gained them in yardage, had more offensive plays, and while trailing in rushing yardage, their opponents averaged a solid 4.3/carry. There was and is a lot of hype about Stefon Diggs, but he remains unproven in my opinion. I think he sort of took people by surprise, with 25 of his 52 receptions for the year coming in the first four games that he played, and in those games he had 419 of his 720 yards. I'm not suggesting that he will bust by any means, but I'm not yet worried about playing against him. The same with Bridgewater. Bridgewater has been solid, but Peterson is what makes their offense go.
    If you listen to some MN fans they think their defense is he second coming of the '85 Bears. They think we are in decline and they are a shoe-in for the NFCN. Last year it took a poor season by Rodgers and our offense for them to win the division and they had to win the last game of the year to do so. Bridgewater is jag and you have to wonder when Father Time will finally catch up with AP.

If the players who take major steps back in 2015 return to form (Rodgers, Lacy, Adams, etc).

Last season seemed like a regression, probably due to an almost SB hangover plus the coaching staff shakeups.

Yes, we dropped the 3 games at home to the division rivals, but we also won in their houses as well. And those teams could barely put the Packers away despite the Packers playing some of their worst football in years. The Panthers are likely to take a step back, as are the Cardinals (young weapons, old QB, shaky line, NFC West likely improving). The Vikings are likely the biggest challenger for the division, but they'll be putting a lot of their chips in on a 31 year old RB who wasn't quite the AP everyone remembered.
    Last edited by Striker; 05-16-2016 at 02:04 PM.