Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Aaron Rodgers and the Packers are ruining the game

Aaron Rodgers and the Packers are ruining the game

Poor sports, unprofessional, bad examples for young players. A fan thinks so:

https://twitter.com/JSComments/statu...33072411426816

Is it unprofessional to use a hard count to induce an offside or encroachment call, and/or a quick snap to catch a team with too many on the field?

Just to make things easier:

Mr. Klatt is an old fashioned version of a troll. Going all gangsta ink and paper style.
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

This is one of the dumber things I've read by a "fan" in a while. He must not watch other NFL teams do the same thing he is calling Rodgers out for doing. EVERY QB in the league does this but only a couple are as adept as AR is at executing it. It isn't against the rules either unless the QB bobs his head and Rodgers doesn't do that either.

I do think it was rather stupid of Rodgers to respond to this drivel, however.

If he wanted to outlaw gamesmanship, I could see the logic. But he seems to be mad the Packers are good at it.

I actually think getting five yards for the 12th defenseman is kinda dumb when the guy is at full sprint at the sideline. However, the alternatives would be nearly impossible to officiate. "He clearly had intent to exit the field in a timely manner". So both feet OOB it is.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    I don't think the practice is bush league (like, say, calling TO the instant before a FG attempt), but I'm not fond of it. Sometimes Arod seems to get obsessed with it and it throws off the timing of the offense IMO.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    I agree, Aaron Rodgers is a punk!

What a joke.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Wouldn't it be called the "st-st-stutter count"?
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Remember the New York Bozo dummy call against Dallas in the divisional game two years ago? That was totally uncalled for, was a clear denigration of the Donald and should have been penalized.

It's even better that the offended thinks the point is to get 5 yards or just to pick up a first down.

The point is to create a free shot play, a much bigger payoff.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    Remember the New York Bozo dummy call against Dallas in the divisional game two years ago? That was totally uncalled for, was a clear denigration of the Donald and should have been penalized.
    Thought it was Mr. Cowboy, the Honorable Chris Christie?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The last line in this clip best describes my thoughts on this:

Rodgers getting the defense to jump or the free deep ball on 12 men is some genius shit! That letter writer just hates that 12 is so good at it.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    I agree, Aaron Rodgers has been ruining the game.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    If he wanted to outlaw gamesmanship, I could see the logic. But he seems to be mad the Packers are good at it.

I actually think getting five yards for the 12th defenseman is kinda dumb when the guy is at full sprint at the sideline. However, the alternatives would be nearly impossible to officiate. "He clearly had intent to exit the field in a timely manner". So both feet OOB it is.
    That dope is probably a frustrated Viking or Bears fan in Big Bend.

What if Rodgers played for this dipshit's team?

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    What if Rodgers played for this dipshit's team?
    That's the odd thing. The way I read it, he already does. Though Google says he could also be in MN or TX.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Thought it was Mr. Cowboy, the Honorable Chris Christie?
    Maybe, but wouldn't that be a Jersey Bozo?

Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket View Post
    Just to make things easier:

Mr. Klatt is an old fashioned version of a troll. Going all gangsta ink and paper style.

These young kids today are ruining the game!
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Think of the ruination of the culture that this person saw in Marino's, then Rodgers, fake spike.