Thread: Rodgers Still Thinks Mic Pack Ruptured Cobb's Lung

Rodgers Still Thinks Mic Pack Ruptured Cobb's Lung

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...unctured-lung/

“Randall Cobb had a serious injury last year in a playoff game and I believe, as I think he would as well and the team, that that was caused from him being mic’d up,” Rodgers said. “Because he fell on his mic pack and he had an injury to his insides that kept him out of the game and probably would have kept him out of the rest of the playoffs. The puncture spot, or the injury spot, was directly adjacent to his mic pack.”

Cobb landed hard on his back while attempting to make a one-handed catch late in the first quarter of Green Bay’s playoff loss to the Cardinals. He began coughing up blood on the sidelines and had trouble breathing. He was released from the hospital after an overnight stay and is doing well now.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Lot of hate for Rodgers in the comment section!

I'd like to see what the mic pack looks like. I can see if he landed on it it could cause some damage, as you'll know if you've ever fallen on something hard in your pocket.

More interesting to me in this article was this line
    But now you have mics on both guards most of the time and you pick up everything that the quarterback says when we’re at home
    Are the guards often mic'd for some reason? Is he saying the opposing team could get access to a recording of his calls at the line? I can see where that would force the O to change up the calls a lot.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Most of that hate is coming from MN fans. They troll hard on every Packers story on that site.

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    Are the guards often mic'd for some reason? Is he saying the opposing team could get access to a recording of his calls at the line? I can see where that would force the O to change up the calls a lot.
    The CBA has two provisions for mic'ing players:
    One allows NFL films to chose players to mic for gathering sound to use in its films. No player is required to do it more than 4 times in the regular season, but there is no limitation in preseason or postseason.

The second allows mics in o-linemen's pads for sound during TV broadcasts. This was modified later to require mics in the pads of either both starting guards, or the starting and backup center. I've heard Sitton and Lang comment about it in the past.

I would ask then to mic the back of my hand so you can hit a lineman with it.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    The CBA has two provisions for mic'ing players:
    One allows NFL films to chose players to mic for gathering sound to use in its films. No player is required to do it more than 4 times in the regular season, but there is no limitation in preseason or postseason.

The second allows mics in o-linemen's pads for sound during TV broadcasts. This was modified later to require mics in the pads of either both starting guards, or the starting and backup center. I've heard Sitton and Lang comment about it in the past.
    re: the second
    What Rodgers is implying could be accurate then. What sort of security is on those mics? It wouldn't be a reach to think the home team could get copies of the audio to review at their leisure later.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

If I was a player, I'd intentionally just say such vile disgusting stuff that they'd never want to "mic" me again. hahahahaha
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    re: the second
    What Rodgers is implying could be accurate then. What sort of security is on those mics? It wouldn't be a reach to think the home team could get copies of the audio to review at their leisure later.
    I am sure its as reliable as the wireless coach to QB system.

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Especially for a visiting team in Foxboro?
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan