View Poll Results: Is friction building between McCarthy and Thompson?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. 2 published reports, its officially a thing.

0 0%
  • Nope. Single report, one source, that could have been mere speculation.

17 100.00%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Mike McCarthy Is On The Hot Seat

I find that when I am on the hot seat, driving to work on my electrically-warmed driver's seat in my car, I have the urge to pee.

I wonder if Mike feels this way, too.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    If you venture over to Footballs Future's Comparison forum there is a thread right now comparing Mike to John Harbaugh and JH is winning that pole by an overwhelming margin. I find that slightly ridiculous. Harbaugh is a good coach but he isn't light years better than MM.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB...c.php?t=579080

I'd probably consider them to be pretty close as well. Homerism aside I still think I'd give MM a slight advantage
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    If you venture over to Footballs Future's Comparison forum there is a thread right now comparing Mike to John Harbaugh and JH is winning that pole by an overwhelming margin. I find that slightly ridiculous. Harbaugh is a good coach but he isn't light years better than MM.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB...c.php?t=579080
    Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    I'd probably consider them to be pretty close as well. Homerism aside I still think I'd give MM a slight advantage
    It will be interesting to look at this comparison in another 2 or 3 years. There are a lot of similarities in their careers. Each has won a SB in a somewhat improbably run as a wild card playoff team. Each has otherwise come up short in playoffs, including several Conference Championship Game losses. MM has a solid lead in regular season winning percentage, .653 to .602.

I say it will be interesting to look at this in a few years because, since winning the SB, Harbaugh has gone 8-8, 10-6 and 5-11. That's 23-25 in three seasons. This has begun to tarnish the stellar start he had in going 54-26 his first 5 seasons. Harbaugh's career could be defined by what happens in the next few years. So far, MM has not had any 3 year period without a winning record. He has had two 3 year periods in which he was 27-21, years 1-3 and 3-5.
    Last edited by Patler; 06-03-2016 at 06:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    The only people who think the Packers are better than Seattle and Arizona are Packer fans.
    Maybe not just Packer fans:

http://packerrats.com/showthread.php...st-Packers-2nd

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Obviously those guys at PFF are all homer Packer fans.