View Poll Results: Is friction building between McCarthy and Thompson?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. 2 published reports, its officially a thing.

0 0%
  • Nope. Single report, one source, that could have been mere speculation.

17 100.00%

Thread: Mike McCarthy Is On The Hot Seat

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    more re-manufactured than manufactured. his "hot seat" days are behind him. this team has huge turn over so there's no 'message lost'. mm can't be held responsible for injuries or talent. if anyone's seat is the least bit warm i'd say it's tt.

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    more re-manufactured than manufactured. his "hot seat" days are behind him. this team has huge turn over so there's no 'message lost'. mm can't be held responsible for injuries or talent. if anyone's seat is the least bit warm i'd say it's tt.
    None of these guys is going anywhere - until they decide to leave. 10-6 in perpetuity is good enough for the Packers organization.

How many impact players, i.e. elite level players has TT drafted?? Rodgers is it... Jordy is just below that, and Clay a slight level below that.

I know the homers will say it is b/c we always draft in the 20's, but that doesn't fly... Seattle managed to find a basket full of impact players after the 1st round. How good would Bobby Wagner (2nd round) look in Green and Gold?? or Cam Chancellor (5th round), or Richard Sherman (5th round)??

Richard Sherman was pick #154 - Ted took TE DJ Williams with pick #141 in the 2011 draft

Cam Chancellor was pick #133 - Ted traded his 3rd and 4th round picks to move up 15 spots in the 3rd round to take Morgan Burnett. In the 5th round TT took TE Andrew Quarless.

Bobby Wagner was pick #47 - Ted spent a first round pick on Nick Perry, pick #28; then used pick #51 on DT Jerel Worthy.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Hindsight is 20/20 of course, but TT really isn't all he's cracked up to be.

He's only hit on a few guys over the course of 11 years. If he hadn't departed from his myopic approach to roster building during '10 season, i.e. by signing Woodson, Pickett, and Greene - we wouldn't have lucked out and won the SB that year.

I believe it was Ron Wolfe who coined the phrase, "a fart in the wind", lol...

We're playoff contenders every year, but I don't consider our team overall to be at the level necessary to seriously contend for the SB.
    wist

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    None of these guys is going anywhere - until they decide to leave. 10-6 in perpetuity is good enough for the Packers organization.

How many impact players, i.e. elite level players has TT drafted?? Rodgers is it... Jordy is just below that, and Clay a slight level below that.

I know the homers will say it is b/c we always draft in the 20's, but that doesn't fly... Seattle managed to find a basket full of impact players after the 1st round. How good would Bobby Wagner (2nd round) look in Green and Gold?? or Cam Chancellor (5th round), or Richard Sherman (5th round)??

Richard Sherman was pick #154 - Ted took TE DJ Williams with pick #141 in the 2011 draft

Cam Chancellor was pick #133 - Ted traded his 3rd and 4th round picks to move up 15 spots in the 3rd round to take Morgan Burnett. In the 5th round TT took TE Andrew Quarless.

Bobby Wagner was pick #47 - Ted spent a first round pick on Nick Perry, pick #28; then used pick #51 on DT Jerel Worthy.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Hindsight is 20/20 of course, but TT really isn't all he's cracked up to be.

He's only hit on a few guys over the course of 11 years. If he hadn't departed from his myopic approach to roster building during '10 season, i.e. by signing Woodson, Pickett, and Greene - we wouldn't have lucked out and won the SB that year.

I believe it was Ron Wolfe who coined the phrase, "a fart in the wind", lol...

We're playoff contenders every year, but I don't consider our team overall to be at the level necessary to seriously contend for the SB.

WISTY......you are showing hints of seeing the light..........even though you don't realize it !!!!!!!!!

It is 75% Ted and 25% DOM. DOM is not a bad DC. He just coaches to the talent Ted provides for him. I'm not saying he's outstanding....but undoubtedly middle of the pack.

Ted needs to have more hits on these defensive draft picks; that we agree on.

RON WOLF > TED THOMPSON up to this point.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?