Thread: Memorial Day 2016

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    So...am I a bad person for getting mad when people start thanking veterans on Memorial Day? My family is full of Vets including myself...but that day is reserved for the fallen.
    C.H.U.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out View Post
    So...am I a bad person for getting mad when people start thanking veterans on Memorial Day? My family is full of Vets including myself...but that day is reserved for the fallen.
    I agree with you. What I posted about my family members I did after Memorial Day was over. There is push by many to try to turn Memorial Day into Veterans Day, which is not what it should be. I think Memorial Day should be 2 things. A day when he honor those who have fallen, and a day when we reflect on whether the wars we choose to fight justify the ultimate sacrifice. Unfortunately, for many Memorial Day has just become the last day of a 3 day weekend to kick off summer. Here in Wausau, they didn't even have Memorial Day Services on Memorial Day. They had them on Saturday. Maybe they wanted to get it out of the way so everybody could get on with their long weekend.