Thread: Who is the Packers' "Sleeper" Pick?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fackrell - with Matthews back on the outside and getting a lot of attention, the guy giving Peppers relief on the other side should have a golden opportunity - if in fact that's where he ends up.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    Fackrell - with Matthews back on the outside and getting a lot of attention, the guy giving Peppers relief on the other side should have a golden opportunity - if in fact that's where he ends up.
    Not eligible. "Sleepers" are to be last day draft picks, 4th round or later.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Not eligible. "Sleepers" are to be last day draft picks, 4th round or later.
    Yeah, I suppose you could draw the line there. 6th or 7th round better yet, as those 3rd and 4th rounders are pretty much expected to be good. My standard, though, would be exceeding expectations. If you want a very low round or UDFA pick who IMO is most likely to make the team, it is Mortell, the punter. Also, a real long shot is a name I was surprised to see on the tryout list that I had a high opinion of in college: Gary Nova of Rutgers - probably just a camp QB, but IMO as likely as Callahan or Williams to be the 3rd/practice squad QB.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    Yeah, I suppose you could draw the line there. 6th or 7th round better yet, as those 3rd and 4th rounders are pretty much expected to be good. My standard, though, would be exceeding expectations. If you want a very low round or UDFA pick who IMO is most likely to make the team, it is Mortell, the punter. Also, a real long shot is a name I was surprised to see on the tryout list that I had a high opinion of in college: Gary Nova of Rutgers - probably just a camp QB, but IMO as likely as Callahan or Williams to be the 3rd/practice squad QB.
    FYI - Its not me drawing the line at 4th round and lower. In the post starting this, I referred to a series being written by NFP, in which they are looking at each teams potential "sleeper", which they defined as a Day 3 pick. They haven't gotten to the NFC North, yet, but I think it will be next for them.