Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
I doubt Barclay has any trade value. The guy was a UFA and ended up resigning with the Packers with little or no guaranteed money, so there was obviously no interest out there for him. He was rated 76th out of 77 OTs last year by PFF. He gave up 9 sacks and played less than 1/3 of the offensive snaps.

Keep Tretter. They likely wouldn't get THAT much for him, and I'd rather have the comfort of him being a top backup. Plus, things change. Linsley could get a career ending injury this year. If that were to happen, it would be nice to be able to plug in Tretter. It's even a slight possibility that one of the two could replace Sitton or Lang at OG next year.
Barclay needs to look different in preseason than he did last year to stick anywhere. That's why I put it in terms of him having a comeback, of sorts. In 2013 he was a guy you could get by with. If he starts looking that way again, he could be worth a 7th to a team really hurting at tackle. If Barclay looks no different than last year, he will be released and may be at the end of his career.

Tretter is an interesting situation. First, I don't think it is out of the realm of possibility that he could take over the starting job from Linsley. Even when not injured, Linsley seemed to come back to earth a little from his rookie year performance. Absent that, Tretter is gone at the end of this year anyway, and they might have four other young guys they would like to keep. If they all show good potential, I would hate to lose one who might soon be starting at guard or tackle just to keep a backup center for a year.

Of course, they can solve my concerns by keeping 10 OL.