Quote Originally Posted by Carolina_Packer View Post
Did you possibly mean Jimmy Robinson?
Probably. I thought he was a namesake for the former Cowboys HC. I could easily be mistaken.

I am all for more consistent execution and hope Getsy helps there (almost has to be better than last year), but does not seem to be what he is indicating.

I don't think they need tricks or disguises, but route concepts that put a good receiver one on one (with either a favorable matchup or a clean get away) or a stress a zone so that a single play must choose what to defend. We used to see this all the time, where talented WR/TE simply abused coverage that wasn't quite in position to compete. The no huddle has taken that away. The only one of these that has survived the no huddle is Cobb/Monty in the backfield. For a long time, the no huddle featured almost no motion.

Its possible M3 is simply trying to deflect attention away from play calling as most coaches do, simply because its a public argument that is hard for the coach to win. Results trump any planning, and the coach cannot explain all the thinking anyway without giving away the store. You start defending play calling with a struggling offense and the conversation will never move past it.

I hope we do not see more of the same this year. Doug Farrar often comments on play concepts with far more authority than he has established (players and Chris Brown frequently correct him) but in this case he sees what I see.