Thread: The Broncos show the way?

The Broncos show the way?

NFP has an article suggesting that the Denver Broncos have shown the other NFL teams a game plan for how to beat Cam Newton and the Carolina Panthers:

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...-the-panthers/

There were many articles last year suggesting that the Broncos did the same with the Packers, soundly beating the 6-0 Packers with a game philosophy somewhat contrary to previously accepted thinking.

The NFL is a stodgy organization, with changes more often gradual than radical. Was Denver more willing to think outside of the box last year?

Denver had one of the best defenses we've seen in a while and that is why they could beat Cam and the Panthers the way they did in the SB IMO. Not many teams can stop the run like they could and rush the passer keeping Cam from running wild. Will their defense be as good in 2016? It better be with Sanchez under center.

That article is pretty thin. I think the stodgy Denver O was due to Peyton's limitations as much as a Panther specific game plan. Any team without Cutler or Eli Manning generally tries to avoid turnovers.

I would love to read the articles about the Broncos versus the Packers O though, if you can find them.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Blog Entries
    Denver also displayed hot to utilize free agency
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Well, they had a roster stocked with talent (IIRC Roby was their nickel back; he would start for almost any team) and while I've never been overly impressed with Wade Phillips the head coach, I have always thought he's a great DC.
    Oh yeah, and Von Miller playing out of his mind helps.

I think a few years ago, KC displayed how to beat an undefeated GB squad. It's simple. Have good pass rushers, stay healthy, and have a good game. It gives any team a shot! The problem is that many teams don't qualify for that first or second aspect and the third is hit and miss for any team.