Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: This Is Ungood

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    The boldface type is what I meant in my comments wondering what MM meant by going back to how he originally designed the whole thing. Could he have meant going back to the specific packages (the five wide receivers and all that) look? I mean, if he said how he originally designed the offense, isn't that originally what he did? Or does MM mean something different by "orginally"?

Now I begin to see the complexity of whether Bill Clinton did, in deed, have sexual relations with Monica Lewinsky.
    It could be, but that might mean hanging your entire offensive offensive prep on Jared Cook and Mitchell Henry. Healthy receivers will help regardless.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Seems like you're writing off Richard Rodgers. I actually like the chances of Backman more than Mitchell Henry.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    The part that catches my attention, though, is the part at which MM says that he originally built the offense that way and that's how it "should be ran" (bone up on verb tense, Mike). So is this some throwback to a much earlier idea - not the no-huddle but constant sub-groups coming in and out?

I would agree with you PB if by all this MM means that dumb no-huddle-same-personnel-grouping possession after possession. It doesn't seem to work and it isn't run with much speed anyway.

Question: when an offense goes no-huddle, even if it's the slow-motion version that the Packers seem to run, is a defense allowed to make substitutions?
    It might have to do with a lot of subpackages, and McCarthy often talks about matchups and exploiting them.
    If you go back to the 2010 SB run, Aikman/Buck talk a few times about how the DCs have trouble keeping up with all the substitutions made from one play to the next.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gb4zVkCkuNE