Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Official Week 9 Colts Chat

Official Week 9 Colts Chat

https://t.co/3KuIHfkZ7N

Banjo has been waived with injury settlement.

No work on whether postgame report on PackerRats will be renamed the Kentrell Report
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Shoot the whole team up with HGH and steroids. I'll chance getting busted by the NFL over half the team being out again.
    Go PACK

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    Shoot the whole team up with HGH and steroids. I'll chance getting busted by the NFL over half the team being out again.
    So go the Steelers route
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

other than us winning...everything we needed to happen happened in the league last week. ind is a winnable game even if everyone who missed the last game misses again. it's the next three games that will make or break the season. if the season ended today we'd be the number 1 wild card team.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    https://t.co/3KuIHfkZ7N

Banjo has been waived with injury settlement.

No work on whether postgame report on PackerRats will be renamed the Kentrell Report
    K-Brice is gonna be a pimp, mark my words. A poor man's Nick Collins.

Feels like Burnett has been around forever. But, oh fie, he's still "only" 27, and signed through 2017 (I think). Burnett was average at best in yesteryears - the Hawk of the secondary. Burnett appears to have lost a step this year, even though 27 is supposed to be a prime year for safeties.

Trade or cut Burnett. Cut off the beast's (K-Brice) chains and allow him to wreck havoc at the "free." Move that sloth Ha-Hillary Clinton-Dix, a poor man's Sean Taylor, to the "strong". Dix is a natural-born strong safety; he ain't fast enough to be a free in the NFL.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

https://t.co/6kw8chAx5X

Rob Demovsky ‏@RobDemovsky Oct 31
    Updated story on Ty Montgomery with more details from his agent on his sickle-cell trait

Sickle cell trait had a role in his illness/blood in urine last week.

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    other than us winning...everything we needed to happen happened in the league last week. ind is a winnable game even if everyone who missed the last game misses again. it's the next three games that will make or break the season. if the season ended today we'd be the number 1 wild card team.
    Packers could lose Rodgers, Daniels and Perry and the Indy game would still be winnable. If the Colts didn't get to play Jacksonville, Tennessee and Houston twice a year they would be a shoe-in for 4-12 (which they might manage regardless of their soft schedule this year). Luck is much like Rodgers in his unexplained struggles this year and last, and the Colts have a weak OL and a poor defense to go with it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    K-Brice is gonna be a pimp, mark my words. A poor man's Nick Collins.

Feels like Burnett has been around forever. But, oh fie, he's still "only" 27, and signed through 2017 (I think). Burnett was average at best in yesteryears - the Hawk of the secondary. Burnett appears to have lost a step this year, even though 27 is supposed to be a prime year for safeties.

Trade or cut Burnett. Cut off the beast's (K-Brice) chains and allow him to wreck havoc at the "free." Move that sloth Ha-Hillary Clinton-Dix, a poor man's Sean Taylor, to the "strong". Dix is a natural-born strong safety; he ain't fast enough to be a free in the NFL.
    I think that's gonna happen but I don't know if it's next year or the following year at the end of Burnett's contract. Right now, the defense is just better with Burnett running things. And Brice can't even stay onsides on kickoffs out of the back of the endzone he's so anxious to make things happen. Another punt return he threw a guy down by the face mask. The aggressiveness is good instincts and he's got the skills but that kind of shit can't happen. He needs to learn how to run the defense, harness his aggressiveness and be smarter. Maybe he'll prove he can do that as the year goes on but he has a lot of work to do yet.

Burnett's gonna be overpaid next year I think, and it wouldn't surprise me - post-Sitton being (brilliantly it turns out) cut a year before his deal was to be up - to see Ted go with the talented youth. I'd like to see it, but if they continue to get Brice worked in over the next year and a half, we probably wouldn't see him make as many mistakes as we would if he played all the snaps.

I also think Brice makes the interception off the deflection late in the Atl. game that Ha Ha didn't react very well to, which would have sealed the game. Poor-man's Nick Collins is a good call and would result in a damn fine career. That just reminds me how good Nick Collins was - and could have yet become had he played longer.

Vikings offensive coordinator Norv Turner resigns. Wow! That team must be in real disarray to see Turner walk during the middle of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    Vikings offensive coordinator Norv Turner resigns. Wow! That team must be in real disarray to see Turner walk during the middle of the season.
    WHAT!

He is ill.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 38s38 seconds ago
    #Vikings coach Mike Zimmer says why Turner is returning is “personal.” Says he was “very, very surprised. … He didn’t tell me he was ill.”

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    I would say its the Rip Report. Damn Banjo
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

He is ill.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 38s38 seconds ago
    #Vikings coach Mike Zimmer says why Turner is returning is “personal.” Says he was “very, very surprised. … He didn’t tell me he was ill.”
    ...for the good of the team.
    he and zim evidently had a disagreement on the o.

with this development, the min slide, i think the north is wide open. as i said before the 3 games after ind will tell the story on the Packers. if we win 2 out of 3 i think we'll be ok heading into the stretch. min is hurting but unlike us it's the o-line and that DIRECTLY affects bradford's performance. the wild card is det. they're on our tail and over the last year or so stafford has been one of the best qbs in the league.
    Last edited by gbgary; 11-02-2016 at 01:13 PM.

Actually, if we rename the thread next year, has to be More Hamstrings.

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 13m13 minutes ago
    #Packers sign RB Brandon Burks to the practice squad: http://pckrs.com/7rr4

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 53m53 minutes ago
    James Starks (knee), Damarious Randall (groin) and Jared Cook (ankle) remain out

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 56m56 minutes ago
    TJ Lang (hip) and JC Tretter (knee) both not practicing. Cobb, Montgomery, Matthews limited. RB Brandon Burks added to practice squad.

Mike Spofford ‏@mikespofford 60m60 minutes ago
    Not practicing for #Packers today: Randall, Goodson, Starks, Lang, Tretter, Cook.
    Last edited by pbmax; 11-02-2016 at 02:36 PM.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Actually, if we rename the thread next year, has to be More Hamstrings.
    How about More IR?
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 23m23 minutes ago
    Good news/bad news for Packers injury-ravaged CBs.
    Good: Rollins (groin) practiced on limited basis.
    Bad: Goodson has a concussion.

MORE CONCUSSION TESTS!

I'm going to stop reading injury reports during the week, especially after a Packer loss. Sunday was depressing, but just when you start to get over that loss you get depressed all over again from the amount of injuries this team keeps getting.

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 23m23 minutes ago
    Good news/bad news for Packers injury-ravaged CBs.
    Good: Rollins (groin) practiced on limited basis.
    Bad: Goodson has a concussion.

MORE CONCUSSION TESTS!
    I think they all need to wear the special helmet AND be wrapped in industrial bubble wrap.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    I think they all need to wear the special helmet AND be wrapped in industrial bubble wrap.
    But that's just Rut's family on a daily basis...
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!