Thread: Jerry Kramer for the HOF

Jerry Kramer for the HOF

I got permission from Packerchatters to post this here:

http://www.packerchatters.com/jerry-...-fame-day.html
    Last edited by Pugger; 07-08-2016 at 09:56 AM.

I have no reason to doubt his worthiness, but has this kind of campaigning ever been successful? Its at least the 3rd or 4th year online folks have tried this.

I suppose if he has moved to the new veterans committee, the smaller numbers there might make this doable.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

There are many, many well-deserving athletes who do not make their Halls of Fame. I'm not even sure Kramer is the most deserving former Packer who has not made it. However, putting all that aside, this is the one peculiar fact in the Kramer situation:

Jerry Kramer was the only guard selected for the NFL’s “50th Anniversary All-Time Team.” He is the only player on that list that is NOT in the Pro Football Hall of Fame.
    How is it that a player voted to their 50th Anniversary All-Time Team is not in the HOF?

Senior Rat Veteran TravisWilliams23's Avatar
    It would be a great gesture for Brett to mention Jerry during his induction ceremony. See what kind of response he gets if he says something like "Jerry belongs in the Hall with all those other great Packers of the 60's. It's been too long a wait now." I don't know if the voting committee gives a shit about Kramer but it couldn't hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    There are many, many well-deserving athletes who do not make their Halls of Fame. I'm not even sure Kramer is the most deserving former Packer who has not made it. However, putting all that aside, this is the one peculiar fact in the Kramer situation:

How is it that a player voted to their 50th Anniversary All-Time Team is not in the HOF?
    This is why I believe he belongs in there.

Is Tony Boselli in the hall of fame yet? Not that their career arcs are similar, just that it's not uncommon for lineman, even great ones, to be forgotten or overlooked.

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    Is Tony Boselli in the hall of fame yet? Not that their career arcs are similar, just that it's not uncommon for lineman, even great ones, to be forgotten or overlooked.
    Boselli has the same problem Sharpe has, his career was too short. He played even less than Sharpe, not even 100 games.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I have no reason to doubt his worthiness, but has this kind of campaigning ever been successful? Its at least the 3rd or 4th year online folks have tried this.

I suppose if he has moved to the new veterans committee, the smaller numbers there might make this doable.
    look up how someone got Floyd Little in.

I thought Kramer was in...

he'll get in

Petition: http://www.12up.com/posts/3429725-pe...me?a_aid=36676

Jersey Al - GBP ‏@JerseyAlGBP 23h23 hours ago
    Been told the four key Seniors Committee members to focus on are: Frank Cooney, Jeff Legwold, John McClain & John Czarnecki #JerryKramer4HOF

@McClain_on_NFL
    @Jeff_Legwold
    Cooney founded the SportsExchange which runs nfldraftscout.com, which appears on CBSsports.com
    John Czarnecki is a simulacrum created by AI in the Gannett media empire, and is now running on servers controlled by FOXSports.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I am 100% behind getting Jerry in but this is a waste of time. The louder you scream and stomp your feet the more that committee will dig their heels in and balk. The Kramer camp has pissed off the HOF crowd with all the foot stomping and crying... if they truly want in while Jerry is alive then I believe they need to hush and let it be for a yr or 2. Just my opinion.

Blog Entries
    No no, Cap D.

For a vet player who has been passed by, you need a zealot.

A zealot AND a fuss.

Chris Hanburger got elected to the HOF thru the efforts of a zealot who did all kinds of campaigning. Hanburger was a marginal HOFer at best, but because this guy created a hue and cry, Chris got in (& basically he couldn't have cared less)

A number of factors prevented Kramers election, lack of top level support was definitely one of them.

THX for startin' this thread, Pug.

I know you know JK got shafted.

Let's get him in while he's still alive.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if they wait until he's dead and buried...